Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I'm not used to driving trucks Joe but when I drove one for the first time I crashed it into a lamp post. I'd like to warn all the truck drivers of the world that trucks are dangerous Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its just pure unadulterated greed shown by these callers trying to make a fast buck on the backs of Chinese slave labour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

This is priceless the blind leading the blind

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Oh get to feck, you still lose the dosh if you are using a V3 card you plum.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Paranoid bollox - you'd be more likely mugged outside your door.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Have all these lads appeared on Bill Cullen's apprentice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Wouldn't you just love to be stuck on a barstool next to this spoofer. :rolleyes:

edit: reminds me of

Austin_Purcell.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

So does the company he's dealing with send his money by pigeon??

What a clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Never got his business name in, did he?
    "Not Crap Gadgets".
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I wouldn't trust that caller as much as he trusts d'internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just texted liveline offering my services to Brian. Expecting the call any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

its just pure unadulterated greed shown by these callers trying to make a fast buck on the backs of Chinese slave labour

Joe would have gotten about 40 "well done"'s into that segment and lauded him as an entrepreneur.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

and im out...till next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Definitely. I met a guy a few months ago who handed over $15,000 to a couple in Ghana who were promising him a half share of 2 million dollars worth of gold. Needless to say there was no gold! :rolleyes: Greedy and stupid, these people,

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

DuckHook wrote: »
    and im out...till next time.

With you buddy. This cancer talk is depressing. I'm surprised D'Omen hadn't asked "what's your (cancer) difference?" from the laminated list of questions Joe left behind for him...

Jesus - Meet Miss Optomisim 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well you will have your daughters worried about it now anyway Mary.. Why would she say that on national radio..

Damo "I don't want to be frightening people"

Pity you don't apply the same attitude to boring the arse of them or worse still, on yet another glorious summer's day, sending them back into the depths of depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Damo - "Janey Mac" :P

That's it...Tour de France for me.

Don't want to be sitting outside some sun-soaked bar later, a cold one in front of me (ah well, tbh she's not that bad :D ), a colder beer at hand and the profound, meaningless thoughts of Dr. Damo's Cancer Ward still ringing in my ears.

Til' Monday. Have a nice one guys.

• Advertisement

Its a fúcking abomination that a 9 year old receiving treatment for cancer is denied a medical card in this country.

Lapin wrote: »
    Jesus - Meet Miss Optomisim 2013.

She's working with the premise that it's possible to live forever.. The idea with treating cancer is that it extends your life, not extend it interminably

It reminds me of that Tony Hancock joke.. Tony was scared to go out on Friday 13th cos of superstition and started citing examples of people who had tempted fate by disobeying the rules of superstition only to be befallen by bad luck..

Tony: "What about Tom.. He walked under a ladder last week ... And he was dead by Monday everning!!!!"
    Bill: "Really :eek: .. ............. And what age was he?"
    Tony: "Ninety Five"..

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

They rang me and I might be on. With 6 minutes to go its looking unlikely now.

Lapin wrote: »
    Its a fúcking abomination that a 9 year old receiving treatment for cancer is denied a medical card in this country.

I think cancer patients having to pay for parking while they are getting their treatment.. My god that is horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »

Maybe you'll be the 1 minute to 3 caller who gets the bum's rush!! :D

syklops wrote: »

You know the rules for those Liveline threaders brave enough to pick up the phone, Syk...

RULE 1: Have a swipe at Joe's wages or GTFO..

" 'You're second class citizens' was shouted by one of the people behind the bandsmen "

That more controversial than I've normally heard Tommy Gorman. Somebody must have marched on his foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Mooney's stand-in has a near identical voice to Mooney.

If you save a betting shop a few quid by foiling a robbery and go on Liveline to talk about it, a hotel manager will offer you a weekend in his place in exchange for a free plug.

But if you are caring for a family member 24/7 or travelling across the country with your 9 year old child for cancer treatment, the hotels don't seem as interested.

I would have thought these people are more deserving of a break.

• Advertisement

Unionist definition of fair.. "Bias in our favour, just like the good old days".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement