Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Go to Newry, caller!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im starting to think they pump this into guantanamo bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Hitchens

seriously whens the last time liveline couldnt even give us a few laughs here ?

the last Funny Friday? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

So is the outlandish idea of actually paying your debts gone completely out the window?

You can't say that. You're a MONSTER :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I've just realised my car is in negative equity. Should I stop the repayments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

why is she worrying about her losing her job? she still has a job waste of energy worrying about what might happen in the future

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

She could get a f**king bike and cycle down to Cabra, this is a joke from Joe. She has a job, tracker rate and a home to live in, she signed a contract to pay her mortgage until she's 63 I'm sure she had a solicitor, wtf does she want.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I really feel for her. That trip from D7 to D15 is a read burden. Never mind the starving kids in Africa, that lady deserves help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I've a lot of experience with Mabs through a voluntary group I'm involved with. They are excellent at working out someone's budget and negotiating with various lenders e.g. credit union, utilities etc to set up agreements for repayments. Lots of people are terrifyed of the 'legal jargon' as they see it and don't understand the repayment terms.

They are probably less competent at dealing with mortage arrears as they would only have a limited number of people in each branch trained to that level. They are also seriously understaffed. In my local town the waiting time is currently 2 weeks for an appointment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

im starting to think they pump this into guantanamo bay.

No, that's Mary from Drivetimes gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

LOLs @ Joe telling her what she thinks and portraying the difficulty of getting from Dublin 15 to Dublin 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

FLAC MABS PRE ARREARS SEISMIC
    He's in atomic form today our little nuclear JOE
    Imagine if joe was trapped in Negative Equity.... no only joking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Hamilcar wrote: »
    You can't say that. You're a MONSTER :(
    Ah would you go away and eat your cornflakes! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

JM Skipton wrote: »
    why is she worrying about her losing her job? she still has a job waste of energy worrying about what might happen in the future

Methinks the time for worrying about losing her job was when she was taking out the mortgage in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

My sister works in a bank, she took a bus to work one day, the driver saw her badge and gave her all sorts of abuse. Love to say to him, the sort of people that caused the problems in the banks aren't taking public transport to work!

It would be interesting to know what stories bank officials like her hear when these people come into the bank..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Meathlass wrote: »
    They are excellent at working out someone's budget and negotiating with various lenders .

Really highlights the fact that this should be a module in schools to teach kids basic budgeting/life skills rather than say religion!!

My €1.99 tesco value plastic washing basin is in negative equity. What do I do?

Lidl corncrakes joe

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Now wud dem be de posh Kellogs? Cause dey can go wid de Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

So is the outlandish idea of actually paying your debts gone completely out the door?

fyp. And yes, seemingly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"You're not in debt but you lost everything"

"Go to St. Anthony. God bless, God bless"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

signostic wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know what stories bank officials like her hear when these people come into the bank..
    Well she is not allowed to divulge that but she does say that you can tell the difference between those who can't pay and those who won't pay very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

cornflakes !

fecking yuppies.

gruels good enough fer ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

pc7 wrote: »
    Really highlights the fact that this should be a module in schools to teach kids basic budgeting/life skills rather than say religion!!

Budgeting skills course - don`t borrow what you cannot afford to pay back
    Religion Course - its a sin to borrow money you can`t pay back.
    Would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

pc7 wrote: »

Definitely!

On a separate note, can I propose 'Trapped' as an addition to the Bingo Card.

Renting eh

Bowel surgery because of the way the bank staff treated her?

I'm in stitches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Imagine that, a bank not giving a mortgage on the basis the husband can't make the repayments. The maniacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Renting... the shame! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

You got into trouble on your original mortgage, now you're complaining that they won't give you another mortgage?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement