Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

joe6pack wrote: »
    Who needs 3 grand a week to live?
    eh your talking to him pal

joe took a paycut ?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Didn't Mooney do the bird shyte on silver cars yesterday?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

RobertKK wrote: »
    Complaining to Joe Duffy about the pay of Enda Kenny seems silly, is Joe better paid than Enda?

The t-shirt earns about 200k a year. After his pay cut, Joe earns about 285k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

"Good to finally get on". You see Joe, people with real problems have been trying to get on for ages and you're giving time to people like Ben Dunne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Great to finally get on"... lol... subtle dig.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Personal drivers for chancers buying new cars every 3 years !

Some arm of the state is facilitating the scamming of the taxpayer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Blind people this is Big Enda you have been voted out of the Welfare House

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

Has he said compare and contrast today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Joe's turning up allowance is circa 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

now that he finally got on he's going to get his two tuppence worth... right to the bell actually

Joes' a Hero

• Advertisement

This lad needs to be grilled, pity it's Joe on the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Thanks again suckers

Joe,

Ask him what his last 3 cars were?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 borderbadger

Meathlass wrote: »
    That 23 year old has probably done a 4 year degree and maybe a Masters in Commerce/Finance and knows more about it than the stupid woman with the 4 kids sitting in front of her.

I guess that's why we have so many highly educated 25 to 35 year olds so deep in negativity equity and mortgage misery , don't ever mistake a degree for intelligence !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I guess that's why we have so many highly educated 25 to 35 year olds so deep in negativity equity and mortgage misery , don't ever mistake a degree for intelligence !

thats the problem with this country.

education here was never about expanding your mind, it was about expanding your wallet.

very quickly now people are starting to cop on that just cause you got a degree doesnt mean your boss will fork over anymore gosh as its quickly becoming the equivelient of a leaving cert.

i.e gets ya in the door and fup all else.

According to MABs it not these people that are in the most trouble, it's people in their late 40s to being right into their 50s.

And again, negative equity does not equate to mortgage misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is joe gonna solve the case of the texas explosion now as well?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

VinLieger wrote: »
    Is joe gonna solve the case of the texas explosion now as well?

Oh lord can you imagine the callers
    Joe: So tell me what happened
    Caller: well Joe, my compost heap when up in smoke while I was eating a Burger King Texan burger
    Joe: well done well done god bless

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I reckon we'll have coverage of the private pensions thing today, private sector workers who don't already have one being forced to take out a pension and putting 15% in.

I can already hear the calls:

"Joe, I don't have the money for that, I'm already paying a €400k mortgage and a credit card loan and never thought about saving for my future" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

In this case, I'd agree with those callers. It is absurd to *force* people to put money that they don't have now away for a benefit in the future. I know that saving for your pension is important, but if people can't get by now on their salary, it's little good making them save for a time 20+years down the line.

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    In this case, I'd agree with those callers. It is absurd to *force* people to put money that they don't have now away for a benefit in the future. I know that saving for your pension is important, but if people can't get by now on their salary, it's little good making them save for a time 20+years down the line.

Surely its partly their fault for not having thought about it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Many did think about it, and invested in property/rental income as their pension. The govt want everyone to pay for their pension so they can tax it.

Many did think about it, and invested in property/rental income as their pension. The govt want everyone to pay for their pension so they can tax it.

Ahh fair enough yeah thats pretty ridiculous allright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

There are lots of folks out there who are caught up as, say, reluctant landlords that didn't expect to be in such a position, as well as couples that didn't expect both of their incomes to be reduced. Combine that with all the tax increases (and more to come) and you're looking at a significant cohort of people that cannot make ends meet as it is now, so making them put money away now is a nonsensensical idea.

Why must you ascribe blame to then? What good will that serve? These people are in a particular set of circumstances (largely out of their control) and whose fault it is is largely irrelevant.
    Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Looking forward to some Irish person calling from Texas about how they were nearly caught up in the big explosion.......they were only 25 miles away at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Today on Liveline, Joe discusses last nights big storm:

".....me trampoline is gone, Joe, whatabout dippin' into de fund....."

pics-image-17-242993576.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Yakuza wrote: »
    Bingo.

It's not like pensions are immune from shocks either. Many peoples private pensions were wiped out by the credit crunch, bust pension schemes and stock market bubbles. No wonder some people thought property was safer bet than a pension scheme.

The theft of the rhino horns may get a look in, with many of Joes puns thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The theft of the rhino horns may get a look in, with many of Joes puns thrown in for good measure.
    "Mannix on line two, go ahead Mannix"

"Joe, dey useta bate us wid a rhino horn in Letterfrack, Joe"

"Jaaayyyzuz"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Odds-on that someone has a go at the Chinese and Joe says "You can't say that..."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement