Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

snubbleste wrote: »

Gas init -

"After gardai verified the man was entitled to diplomatic immunity he was let go." :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

This Bint wasn't being stalked, she most likely cut the other driver off or pulled out in front of him in a perceived dangerous manner.

Drama much?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Give us the name of the embassy FFS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

neris wrote: »
    so let me get this right. a bloke in a car was driving behind her, then beside her so she phoned the gardai? sounds like the kind of person who should lock themselves in doors and avoid the world

Yeah exactly, have I missed something here ?

what ELSE did he do ????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

full of women and derek mooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

"..and was the full monty any good mary?"

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

VinLieger wrote: »
    She doesnt even know the embassy?

"Gardai stopped and questioned a man attached to an eastern European embassy after a report that he had been stalking a lone woman in Dublin city centre"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

15 mins on this. Whats the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The woman, who asked not to be named, told the Sunday Independent: "I was parked in a side street near the theatre and there was no one around when I got into my car. I drove on to the quays and turned left towards the city centre.

For someone who didn't want to be named, Im not sure if going on Liveline was the smart thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Sounds like a fairly intimidating experience, to be fair to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

vicwatson wrote: »
    Gas init -

"After gardai verified the man was entitled to diplomatic immunity he was let go." :mad:

Why do they have immunity?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hamilcar wrote: »
    To make her famous, then write a book about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Reminds me of those stories middle aged women tell that end up being twenty minutes long and end with "I gave her such a look!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

that indo article said the woman asked not to be named but wants to talk to joe.

I'm guessing to warn other women about him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

intimidating...but god she's not holding back with the drama to be fair

meanwhile in Boston ...

Yakuza wrote: »
    Sounds like a fairly intimidating experience, to be fair to her.

actually it does, after listening more and reading the indo article it does seem a little dodgy, but I doubt he had assault intended, just probably fancies himself as a romeo ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

eviltwin wrote: »

Big man in dark car! Will that help? Anyway this is old news :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Why do they have immunity?

Cars with CD (Corps diplomatique) plates are considered the sovereign territory of the country in question, and are exempt from all traffic laws etc. The only thing that can be done is if the embassy waives the credentials of the person in question and then he can be done. I'm not sure, but I think Dept of Foreign affairs can have him sent home as well.

• Advertisement

Warn them of what though? That in a city of 1.2 Million people there is a 'big' man in a 'big' car, driving behind women?

"what can you charge him with besides acting the eejit"

Actually Joe, "acting the eejit" isn't something anyone can be charged with, if it was you would have a ten year stretch in Mountjoy ahead of you

Every time I hear about Diplomatic Immunity I think of that bad guy in Lethal Weapon II :D

"what can you charge him with besides acting the eejit"

Actually Joe, "acting the eejit" isn't something anyone can be charged with, if it was you would have a ten year stretch in Mountjoy ahead of you

That isn't an act.

syklops wrote: »
    Warn them of what though? That in a city of 1.2 Million people there is a 'big' man in a 'big' car, driving behind women?

Just to be on the lookout I suppose, its hardly crime of the year but its not a nice feeling to be followed.

Guineys 10 euro sale! Wo hoo!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

lol she looked like a prostitute! it was probably his missus.

Just to be on the lookout I suppose, its hardly crime of the year but its not a nice feeling to be followed.

Stuff like this causes hysteria. On the lookout for a big man? Im a big man. Am I suddenly a threat now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The diplomats, they're worse than the Serbian cops ya know. It's a bit issue with dem flaunting the rules of the roads and their prostitutes.

• Advertisement

Hysterical bints like Geraldine waste a lot of Garda time.

I note her attempts to state: 'I don't know what I did' = I'm going to deny pissing off any other motorists by my atrocious driving '

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement