Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Another chap who wants his outgoings to determine the aid that the State will provide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

vicwatson wrote: »
    10 Miscarriages due to stress??

Didn't he say he's only on job seekers just over a year ? Doesn't really tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

He cleans all day...."there's only so much cleaning you can do"...........LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Since when is private health insurance a right?

Joe doesn't like this guy two fold, talks sense, and has a nordy accent so Joe will assume he's a provo trying to wind him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

HAH!!! bye bye sky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A tv is a luxury imho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Sky's the limit

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

VinLieger wrote: »
    HAH!!! bye bye sky

Weird I just got a mail from UPC saying my bill is going up, think it'll be hello sky!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

FFS. Saorview and Freesat has plenty to keep peoples' TV addiction ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

How many cigarettes are allowed??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

If he's working all his life there's no way he'd be getting struck off the jobseekers,he'd have sufficient contributions.
    Unless he wasn't paying any tax/prsi..

Joe knows best, don't bother trying to counteract this rant caller.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I have to say if I was in that position where the bank where telling me what I could spend down to the cent it'd be a killer.

Sounds like common sense to me.
    Why the fake outrage from €300,000pa Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I wonder would the BBC be allowed to constantly tell people to cancel their Sky subscription? It's one thing to suggest a few luxuries to cut back on, or say "Satellite/cable TV" but naming a competitor's products as a waste of money is a bit far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

If only Cablelink still showed sky sports for free (as a tiny tile with loads of other channels at once).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Ge' rididiskoi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

PauloMN wrote: »
    FFS. Saorview and Freesat has plenty to keep peoples' TV addiction ok.
    I dumped Sky two years ago. I got Sat4Free box for €55 and its cost me nothing since. Why does anyone pay Sky for what they can get for nothing.

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    If he's working all his life there's no way he'd be getting struck off the jobseekers,he'd have sufficient contributions.
    Unless he wasn't paying any tax/prsi..
    He said it was a year on jobeekers, then it's mean-tested and as his wife earns too much, well...

ALL treatment for cancer is provided free at the point of delivery by HSE. It is one of the things they do well.

There'll be more "debate".

Not on your show Joe, debate usually involves having to listen to a different opinion than your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

snubbleste wrote: »
    He said it was a year on jobeekers, then it's mean-tested and as his wife earns too much, well...

Strange,maybe the rules have changed.
    If It's because his wife is working why did they give him jobseekers at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was listening to liveline in the car today.

The Dublin guy who did the "deal with the bank" and tried to come across as some sort of hero to the people was halarious. He was telling how the banks would ring him "in the dead of night. Well not in the dead of night but in the evening".

I could hear to disappointment in Joe's voice when it became clear that the bank werent phoning yer man in the "dead of the night".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe really does a lot more harm than good.

When do the new standards kick in? Not feckin soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

ooter wrote: »
    Strange,maybe the rules have changed.
    If It's because his wife is working why did they give him jobseekers at all?
    AFAIK there are two things here, Jobseekers Benefit and Jobseekers Allowance. The way it works is that he gets Jobseekers Benefit which lasts for one year (if he has enough PRSI contributions), no matter what income his wife has. Jobseekers Benefit ends after a year, (actually 9 months from April 2013), and then he can claim Jobseekers Allowance, which is means tested, so everything is taken into account including savings and his wife's income. Depending on what that is he might get a reduced rate of Jobseekers Allowance, or if her income is above a certain level, he might get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Today on Liveline, Joe speaks to Colin, who may be out of a job because of the Rolf Harris scandal:

http://www.fakefaces.co.uk/lookalikes.html?lookalike_id=672

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

dvcireland wrote: »
    Today on Liveline, Joe speaks to Colin, who may be out of a job because of the Rolf Harris scandal:

http://www.fakefaces.co.uk/lookalikes.html?lookalike_id=672
    Next week on Liveline: Joe talks to Colin, victim of mistaken identity in a vigilante assault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

joe to be $hit stirring today over how terrible it is that his "beloved" bord gais energy theatre has been put into receivership and the "wonderful, fantastic, marvellous" harry crosbie been hounded by nama and the banks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement