Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Did I miss something, whats this guys beef, he didn't say he lost his job or his salary, so whats his problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Great call here

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

"It was caused by the banks"

Nope, it was caused by the banks and borrowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Did I miss something, whats this guys beef, he didn't say he lost his job or his salary, so whats his problem?

no problem - just talking sense.
    ad break coming - Joe will ditch him soon!

If I got a bank loan to buy 10 grand worth of gold and gold halved in value next year surely the banks would restructure my loan so that I would only have to pay 5 grand back? It only fair, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Defcon 3. Is Joe obsessed with armageddon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Is this Dennis Finn the Howth builder who is in NAMA?.

"When you have no money, you can't give it" sais your man, true, but the problem is with the huge amount of people who do have money but don't want to give it because of "negative equity":mad:

The lesser mortgage payer coming up on wild mooney

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What a smug arsehole we all know those letters are automated. Right movies and booze time have a good one Boardsies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

5 euro 45 cent........................ You irresponsible monster

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Unfunny Friday to finish us off.

Fcuk off funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Is this Funny Friday all of a sudden???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

joe couldn't care less about your letter declan

pc7 wrote: »
    What a smug arsehole we all know those letters are automated. Right movies and booze time have a good one Boardsies.

+1

gobsh1te:rolleyes:

Or you could just pay it, dickwad, this guy must be auditioning for "Funny Friday".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I bet that gave the staff a good laugh in the bank!

In fairness it's an automated system that puts out these letters. I'm sure though they could probably put in parameters to exclude people under a certain amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

PauloMN wrote: »
    "It was caused by the banks"

Nope, it was caused by the banks and borrowers.

Also, people who used to own bank shares seem not to know that the shareholders are the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

Im feeling "right down" after todays show and "when its gone its gone" so i think i might just pack up and go home to my rented house and have a happy little weekend with Mrs Vman and our Two and a half month old daughter VMan.
    Who knows we might head of to a jumble sale and sell of the precious family jewels tomorrow.
    Missed most of the show but was checking in alot on boards, alot of angry boarders today.
    Keep the faith boarders no point in tipping over its only the LIVLINE.
    Bon Weekend

TheVman wrote: »
    Missed most of the show but was checking in alot on boards, alot of angry boarders today.
    Keep the faith boarders no point in tipping over its only the LIVLINE.
    Bon Weekend

You're in the south of France. It's probably sunny. There's also lots of cheap wine and sexy French people.

I'm in the south of Ireland. There's gale force winds. Wine isn't that cheap any more and .... :rolleyes:

Have a good weekend. Movies and Booze beckons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Meathlass wrote: »
    You're in the south of France. It's probably sunny. There's also lots of cheap wine and sexy French people.

I'm in the south of Ireland. There's gale force winds. Wine isn't that cheap any more and .... :rolleyes:

Have a good weekend. Movies and Booze beckons
    It's actually piddling rain today!

It's actually piddling rain today!

In France?

Good, I feel better now :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

TheVman wrote: »
    our Two and a half month old daughter VMan.
    Who knows we might head of to a jumble sale and sell of the precious family d

Did you name her 'JOEsephine' after our Joe?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Hitchens

The other day the old landlord came by for his rent; I told him no money I had, besides, t'wasn't fair to ask me to pay; the times were so awfully bad. He felt discontent at not getting his rent and he shook his big head with a frown. Says he, "I'll take half," but says I with a laugh,

"Do you want your old lobby washed down?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Caller 1 : "Joe I'm sorry but I have to go now, if you want to have a questions and answers session, I can do that some day but I have to go now".
    Caller 2: "Hi Joe, now I dont have a lot of time"...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Didn't you know that people now only want to pay a mortgage based on the current value of their home. What they borrowed has become irrelevant.
    i was talking to someone about this yesterday; he said his house is only worth just over half what he paid for it, when i asked was he selling he said no but if i was i wouldn't make money on it :confused:. and thinks that the bank should change the mortgage to what the value is now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but did that nurse with the huge re-mortgage even say what she did with all that money?

Joe of course avoided that obvious question as usual.

Nice little holiday home perhaps? Or did she use it all up swanning around volunteering?

Did she not know she'd be paying it back into retirement when she signed on the dotted line? Or did she intend to flip her beloved home for a healthy profit.. would she have shared that with the taxpayers I wonder.

I hate these half-stories!

• Advertisement

Today we have

struggling on 60,000 a year and the taboo subject of bad attitude medical staff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement