Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Surely the parking fiasco in Clontarf and particularly outside a particular address must be dealt with first?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

withless wrote: »
    Surely the parking fiasco in Clontarf and particularly outside a particular address must be dealt with first?

That sounds so much better tbh, i want that one

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

wont be long now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Degringola wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm late to the party, but did that nurse with the huge re-mortgage even say what she did with all that money?
    Joe of course avoided that obvious question as usual.
    Nice little holiday home perhaps? Or did she use it all up swanning around volunteering?
    Did she not know she'd be paying it back into retirement when she signed on the dotted line? Or did she intend to flip her beloved home for a healthy profit.. would she have shared that with the taxpayers I wonder.
    I hate these half-stories!
    You should call in and enquire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sounds like it's going to be a delightful start to the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Straight into death and misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nothing about smack on the intro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Misery Monday never fails to live up to its name and we're not even a minute into the programme yet.

Someone died in Dublin. DoooblinFM -->

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Business as usual with DeathLine...

This poor woman shouldn't be on air, she's still in deep grief. Have the production staff no fcuking decency at all?

• Advertisement

a bunk bed :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Right I'm out, her son is barely 2 weeks dead I really don't agree with this type of radio. (I know some feel its therapeutic but I think its exploitation).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Tragic yet inevitable, however Joe is a disgrace for putting her on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

Agreed - this woman should not be on the radio in this state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So anyway, what's this Clontarf parking thing all about ?

I feel very sorry for this woman but people need a bit of cheer on a Monday not a grieving woman crying down the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

-- this should'nt be on the radio. What is the point of it. Its not Pauline's misery thats going to bring all the addicts off the bandwagon.
    -- "help" in these kind of situations is a delicate subject. same with any addiction problem. it really is a f**cking nightmare having an addict in any family. The person has to do it alone. Nobody else can do nothing for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This is atrocious. She should not be on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Joes nudger must be bulging

Does this item breach the BAI code for programme standards?
    A broadcaster shall exercise due care by taking all reasonable measures to ensure that viewers and listeners of programme material on its channel/service are protected from undue offence and from harm.
    or
    broadcasters shall have due regard to the protection of children when scheduling programme material. Particular care shall be taken in the following circumstances:..
    ii. When scheduling programme material during school-run times, ..

• Advertisement

poor child:(

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I don't wish to take away from this woman's distress but this lady should be on to the Samaritans, not the Liveline. We are all familiar with the effects of heroin on people's lives, but you can't put an old head on young shoulders and this is a problem that can't be solved by Liveline no matter how many shows are taken up with it. I think she should be concentrating on getting help for herself now and not be taken up with the help he 'should have got' from an increasing squeezed health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

pc7 wrote: »
    Right I'm out, her son is barely 2 weeks dead I really don't agree with this type of radio. (I know some feel its therapeutic but I think its exploitation).

I agree, Duffy should be telling this woman to go to a doctor or counsellor and not be exploiting her for cheap radio sensationalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh ffs, why do people think methadone will get anyone away from a drug addiction. :rolleyes: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

"I was begging them to take him"

is code for

" Get him away from me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Well done Joe. Monday sunshine and Fcuking lollipops this afternoon :mad:

Totally irresponsible to be interviewing this woman on live radio 2 weeks after the death of her son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Denmark for 16 years? He was probably in Mountjoy and told his mother otherwise.

Im getting lost here

did she give up her son as a baby???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh that's nice, adopt a child and then shove him off into a boarding school. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah here, only one breakdown per person per show...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement