Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Meathlass wrote: »
    I'd prefer the consultant to be saving lives than answering unnecessary questions from relatives. Surely that's what nurses do as they've the day to day contact with the patient.

I couldnt agree more. Their job revolves around their patients and their treatment should be paramount

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Has anyone heard this woman offering any solutions?

Her solution is to drop her Ma off at A&E to block a bed so she can make it to the dinner party on time

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Jaysus Donal..... so the only complaints that matter are those that you think matter. Not good enough tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Did anyone catch this doll's name?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The HSE has a structured internal complaints process in place which is staffed by highly-paid middle managers. Complaints are obligated to be investigated and acted upon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I have never seen chaos in a hospital ward

Where is this wonderful hospital that you are visiting. A recent trip to Beaumont A&E made me want to drink heavily. It was like something from a war film.

I spent about 14 hours in Galway with my father and it was ridiculous.

I spent 27 hours with a friend in another hospital.

Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I couldnt agree more. Their job revolves around their patients and their treatment should be paramount

In the case of many consultants, their job revolves around themselves....biggest egos in the universe.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fcuk me, if we have healthcare professionals who don't think there's a problem with dirty nappies being left out, no wonder our hospitals are full of fcuking MRSA and the like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Donal - Your losing it now son.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

He's actually making sense. He's not pretending its perfect, but wants people to make complaints about more serious problems, not petty stuff. I agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Was there excrement in the nappy"...

Dear god..

Urine excrement burger king burger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Stop digging Donal....................

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

-- did he say an old pooey nappy ? Gerkin Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Did this nurse just say that it doesn't matter if a used nappy full of urine is left lying around a bathroom!

Words fail me!

Complain to Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

AK333 wrote: »
    Lots of elderly people are intimidated by people in so called authority like doctors, priests, guards etc,

True, true.
    My daughter spent alot of time in hospital when she was small due to chronic asthma - and I got good and alot of bad. Charts not being written up correctly and they thought she had diabetes! Nightmare

From my own experiences I think the standard of nursing has gone down since they brought in the degree system.

Jesus, I can't believe this guy is comparing what's in your burger to healthcare in a hospital! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

No, hospitals aren't comparable to Burger King :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Was there excrement in the nappy? God i expect some ****e talk on liveline but thats me done for today im out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

Joe might start singing "if your happy in your nappy clap your hands..."
    "if your happy in your nappy...

Come on Donal your being walked allover

who care what this c**t thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

"Was there excrement in the nappy"...

Dear god..

Gurkins, me hearing is not the best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Burger King press office on line 3 to disassociate their Double Whoppers from talk of dirty nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

syklops wrote: »
    Where is this wonderful hospital that you are visiting. A recent trip to Beaumont A&E made me want to drink heavily. It was like something from a war film.

I spent about 14 hours in Galway with my father and it was ridiculous.

I spent 27 hours with a friend in another hospital.

hospital wards syklops not a&e's

Did Joe not do his research? There is a law surrounding hospital complaints.
    Part 9 of the Health Act 2004 outlines the legislative requirements to be met by the HSE and relevant service providers in the management of complaints. http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/ysys/Tell_us_your_story/Complaints/

This just proves the point. Donal is highlighting the problem with our healthcare system. Not saying it's all the fault of the "frontline wurkers" etc., but jesus the stuff he is coming out with is astonishing. Lack of standards here, people not taking responsibility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Liam Doran is in charge of the nurses and he has contaminated their work ethic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I wouldn't want that nurse Donal near me. He sounds incompetent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

This guy is a secretary right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement