Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She sounds young for a 50+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"I took early retirement to do some charity work."

No recession in that house!

But glad she's pointing out that the old system was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I went into hospital last year to get some lesions removed - five different medics came to me beforehand and separately, with questionnaires all of which had the same questions. I just cannot understand why one person cannot come to me with the questionnaire, get the information required, and issue it to the rest of them who require it. It's like none of them communicate with each other at all. In my opinion, this is gross incompetence and wouldn't be tolerated in any of the jobs I worked in, in the private sector where there was always a reporting structure, ownership of one's work and measurement of performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Who is that Anne Marie woman???

She definitely wins my nomination for the most irritating accent/inflections EVER!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yakuza wrote: »
    What's with all these generalisations? My daughter had to spend time in Temple St recently, and I couldn't fault the vast majority of the staff my wife and I dealt with. Very professional, helpful and supportive. The facilities were great too.

I'd imagine that children's hospitals are a cut above your general adult hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Tisserand wrote: »
    I went into hospital last year to get some lesions removed - five different medics came to me beforehand and separately, with questionnaires all of which had the same questions. I just cannot understand why one person cannot come to me with the questionnaire, get the information required, and issue it to the rest of them who require it. It's like none of them communicate with each other at. In my opinion, this is gross incompetence and wouldn't be tolerated in any of the jobs I worked in, in the private sector where there was always a reporting structure, ownership of one's work and measurement of performance.
    How much did you pay for this service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

my friend wrote: »
    Humour us w some examples pleeeeeeese

Oh here, I could write a book.

My personal favourite though, coming mainly from middle aged women was, when an appointment was delayed, possibly due to the previous person with the consultant beig given bad news was "WHY AM I WAITING?!?! DON'T YOU KNOW I AM A PRIIIIIVATE PATIENT?!" this said, in a private hospital, where ALL patients are private patients.

Gimps the lot of them.

Hospital consultants listen to Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I'd say the IMO were quick off the mark getting that sane woman on the air to gloss over Donal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Thats it doc.

Make sure you make it known that you are going from one public hospital to another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Rather my neighbours horse die, than I find a horse in my burger" more like..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Wonder how long Donal will stay on line til he realizes he's never going to be back on air

Hamilcar wrote: »
    Wonder how long Donal will stay on line til he realizes he's never going to be back on air
    He got cut off when Joe said that he is open to criticism..

Can someone pleeeeease tell me who that shrill woman is???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

PauloMN wrote: »
    I'd imagine that children's hospitals are a cut above your general adult hospital.

Fair enough- until last month, I'd had little interaction with hospitals over here (all my children were born in Spain) so I've no frame of reference.

Doctor on Liveline talks common sense shocker

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Ann-marie hourihane. Irish Times

There should be legislation that everybody stops what they are doing and talk to Annemarie.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/a-medical-conspiracy-against-the-public-1.1367538

Article from today's Irish Times - Anne Marie Hourihane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Irish Times?? :eek: By the sound of her I had assumed The Herald... or Indo at best!

OMG, is that what she sounds like? :eek:

I like her articles, but will never be able to read one after this without hearing that awful upward slide at the end of every sentence!

They do so cos that's the job they're paid to do????????????????????????????????????????????????

By golly, this doc can fairly talk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

withless wrote: »
    How much did you pay for this service?

Was covered by VHI, so I can't recall exactly how much.

No sig tune when Ronan Collins came on? :confused:

Where does she think the consultants are hiding? In the Games Room playing the pinball machine?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Who's going to come on to counteract?
    See, someone came on to counteract her article..and talked far too much sense.

I'd say relatives of patients are the bane of medical professions lives.

I eavesdropped on a very entertaining conversation once by the relatives of a pregnant drug addict who had some problem with pains in the veins in her leg. They and the patient were discussing with other patients and their visitors how nothing the nurses were doing was working for the pain but how there was a white witch the next town over who was great and she'd come in to the ward and sort out all this poor girl's problems.

The nurse who was with my mum at the time in the next bed was alternating between laughing and sighing resignedly over the whole thing.

• Advertisement

Re: Maggie, Tom Crean etc

What hope do we have as a nation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement