Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Probably. I'd say he's a cat person.

I can totally understand how that lady feels, and why she's so upset. Dogs to many people are part of their family. Joe is just a prick really.

Even cat people would understand the loss. Joes "its only a dog" comment really annoyed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Whoooiiiiiii does he keep interrupting people and anticipating what they have to say. Is he in a hurry?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

syklops wrote: »
    Even cat people would understand the loss. Joes "its only a dog" comment really annoyed me.

did he actually say that to the aul one?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

How does any of this sh*te matter while Mitzy is out there all alone?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »

Ah yeah, I know, I was being facetious. Anyone who loves their pets could empathise.

Anyone that says "it's only a dog" should be treated with suspicion in my book anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

That slush fund......another "systems failure" no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Really poor show today Joe.

To make up for this you should cancel Phoney Friday (preferably on an indefinte basis).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Sometimes, I leave my dog for a few mins in the car if I have to pop into the shop.

I don't need a car alarm, she's a black German Shepherd, ain't nobody going to rob my car or my dog :D

Moral: don't have pansy dogs.

but as your local skanger might say......... "does she put out fires as well?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Joe was incredibly rude to that elderly lady today, he sounded like he couldn't wait to get her off the phone and he completely trivialised her loss by saying 'it's just a dog' :mad:

I hope people phoned/emailed in to complain as he was very insensitive and hurtful. She deserved a far more sympathetic hearing than she received.

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Joe was incredibly rude to that elderly lady today, he sounded like he couldn't wait to get her off the phone and he completely trivialised her loss by saying 'it's just a dog' :mad:

I hope people phoned/emailed in to complain as he was very insensitive and hurtful. She deserved a far more sympathetic hearing than she received.

Completely agree. He was contemptuously heartless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

How heartless he was today to that woman... She was so distressed about her dog.....pat the plank wouldn't say such a thing there is a thing called tact even if he does not care for the topic/dog, i have nt listened to the show for two weeks bar today... I'm not a dog owner but you really can't say things like that when caller is so distressed. He deserves a kick in the ass for the handling of that caller... Please forgive me I'm in a bad mood today.....300k+ a year and still clueless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Whats that you say Aubrey? You moved a dog resembling Mitzy to Australia with a family last week. Tell us again Aubrey what kind of business your in?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Hitchens

gjc wrote: »
    How heartless he was today to that woman... She was so distressed about her dog.....pat the plank wouldn't say such a thing there is a thing called tact even if he does not care for the topic, I have nt listened to the show for two weeks bar today... I'm not a dog owner but you really can't say things like that when caller is so distressed.

the plank would be more interested in her garden :D

Joes take on the banks......"do you have sky???......do you have a dog?????....."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Senseless heartless remark by that fcukin eejit today about that ladies dog. He deserves a good kicking from rte management for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

gjc wrote: »
    Joes take on the banks......"do you have sky???......do you have a dog?????....."

The bank repossessed Mitzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

"you look great on de RTE guyad, Joe"

The bank repossessed Mitzy.

Molly or milly is next so...... Allsop auction.... mitzy the dog....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Oh Joy, abortion all day I bet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Very surprised Joe is being allowed handle this in any way shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

here we go old people going on about stuff they have no clue about to a man who has no clue either but they,ll both tell a story that is completly different to the reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Putting words in my mouth... He's been accused of that a lot lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

shockwave wrote: »
    Oh Joy, abortion all day I bet

Its meant to be a current affairs show and its the biggest story of the last few days so its a legitimate topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Get this auld wan off. This issue is never going to bother him - why is it always the polar extremes in these issues that get air time - FFS

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Its meant to be a current affairs show and its the biggest story of the last few days so its a legitimate topic.

Absolutely but I wouldn't let Joe handle it!

Why is Joe so confrontational with his callers last few days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I know. What PART of Dublin"

I'd tell him to shove it up his b*ll*x and hang up the phone, the rude pr1ck..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

pc7 wrote: »
    Absolutely but I wouldn't let Joe handle it!

Would be really weird if he completely ignored it though to be fair.

• Advertisement

Maybe these women wouldn't be thinking that way if they could have had a termination in their home country, near friends and family. I actually don't think I'll be able to listen today without fooking exploding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement