Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 09/04/2013 to 19/7/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Wont be long before the religious nutters ring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the nuremburg trials?? maybe joe can get a caller to link the extinction of the dinosaurs to abortion

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Would be really weird if he completely ignored it though to be fair.

Hasn't stopped him in the past Techno, I'd rather someone more balanced handling such an emotive topic and someone without an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Cue Nora Batty Bennis after this wan warms up the seat for her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its meant to be a current affairs show and its the biggest story of the last few days so its a legitimate topic.

On the one hand I agree. On the other, the topic deserves a balanced reasonable discussion. Joe doesn't do balanced and reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 243 ✭✭Fits Morris

With a "counsellor" like Eamonn, it's no wonder so many women would attempt suicide.

Fooking hell.

Funny how it seems so far callers are of a certain generation not to mention income, can we have a realistic voice please that doesn't' rely on statistics

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is anyone else kinda sick of the abortion debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Its largely an age thing here it seems, older, more conservative and religious vs younger (under 40 in general) and more liberal on sexual matters and secular (like me).

Why is Joe so confrontational with his callers last few days?

time of the month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You want people who are neither pro or anti abortion on the panel. Otherwise if you have one of each there'll be never an abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

pc7 wrote: »
    Maybe these women wouldn't be thinking that way if they could have had a termination in their home country, near friends and family. I actually don't think I'll be able to listen today without fooking exploding.

+ 1

Since when should the foetus' life be put above the mothers life? These stupid ignorant auld wans, should STFU - I feel so angry about these idiots politicising this issue - its a womans health issue, not political issue

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is anyone else kinda sick of the abortion debate?

yep i am

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Funny how it seems so far callers are of a certain generation not to mention income, can we have a realistic voice please that doesn't' rely on statistics

Yet they all ignore that statistics of the women who go to the UK, we have abortion in Ireland its called England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its largely an age thing here it seems, older, more conservative and religious vs younger (under 40 in general) and more liberal on sexual matters and secular (like me).

Next question is what's the demographic of liveline callers. I suspect the majority is the over 40 conservative, mass goer.

She believes what politician tell her prior to an election.

Delusional!

Oh f**k...now she's on about Lisbon............sorry, "Liz-bonn" :) to use the proper Joe euphemism.

I think joes lost on this subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

syklops wrote: »
    Next question is what's the demographic of liveline callers. I suspect the majority is the over 40 conservative, mass goer.

While in general I agree in some ways that's not entirely true.

I'm under forty, not religious in the slightest but abortion on demand makes me very uncomfortable, I don't know why, it just does.

That being said, I would consider myself pro choice but also pro life. It a very complex, emotional issue for me anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Turn off your radio Eamonn"..

I guess the "please" was implied? He's fairly ratty today isnt he.. More so than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This is an issue which should be decided only by women of child-bearing years. Noone else's life is at risk!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"I have just come in now on the discussion Joe".

Where has she been for the last 6 months ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I never realised we had some many experts on this topic in Ireland, we must have more pre natal psychiatrists per head of population than anywhere else in the world.

the way their going on about you,d swear that if they allow abortion its going to be like the opening of brown thomas at the xmas sales with woman rushing pushing and barging in the door

"Turn off your radio Eamonn"..

I guess the "please" was implied? He's fairly ratty today isnt he.. More so than usual.

He was the same yesterday, I'd love to get on air just to call him out on being a pompous bollix.

in general, you're right.

But the amount of Youth Defence nutters that I see whenever they're on one of their crusades worry me. (I've seen them in action outside a local family planning clinic here on a few occasions....scary!)

Brainwashing occurs among the present younger generations too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Its a copout not having a referendum, majority now according to recent polls want it legal in the case of rape and incest which is ignored in that ridiculous bill, cowards in Government as usual, the country has changed hugely on issues of personal morality since the 83 referendum (contraception, divorce, homosexuality).

Karen sounds like Anne from Radio Roy.

He was the same yesterday, I'd love to get on air just to call him out on being a pompous bollix.

Don't forget -- ask about the leg if you do :D

did she just mention that loon ronan mullins?? hope joe doesnt let him on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Cheap travel to the UK thanks to our friend Mick O'Leary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement