Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre broadband upgrade?

Options
  • 09-04-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi, ive heard about this before but I just seen an ad on tv saying all eircom customers get fibre upgrade when it becomes available in your area. Does anyone know when this will be available and which areas are first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Depends on where in D13 you are, Sutton, Howth, Bayside, Baldoyle and half of Kilbarrack is due in December, work has just started. I think Donaghmede is finished, seen plenty of finished cabs around, so it should be rolling out late may.

check out this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056919149 thread about the locations of the new cabs and mark them if you see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

allen175 wrote: »
    Depends on where in D13 you are, Sutton, Howth, Bayside, Baldoyle and half of Kilbarrack is due in December, work has just started. I think Donaghmede is finished, seen plenty of finished cabs around, so it should be rolling out late may.

check out this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056919149 thread about the locations of the new cabs and mark them if you see them.
    Cheers for that man! Im in Baldoyle! Have to wait till December so! :)

Looks like im quite close to the Sutton exchange, probably get a good connection so! :)

Looks like im quite close to the Sutton exchange, probably get a good connection so!

does't matter how close to the exchange you are, it will depend on how close you will be to the cab in your estate, i have tried to locate existing cabs so i can add them to the map, but i haven't really had time to do a deep search through each estate.

does't matter how close to the exchange you are, it will depend on how close you will be to the cab in your estate, i have tried to locate existing cabs so i can add them to the map, but i haven't really had time to do a deep search through each estate.
    My estate isn't too big so id say id be very close to it. Why are you doing the searches shouldn't people at eircom be letting you know where they will be? Good work anyway letting people know. If I see any in Baldoyle ill update it. Probably none here yet as you said it would be December.

• Advertisement

Few places around bayside getting ready to have cabinets installed. Well eircom haven't released the cab locations yet, so thats why Spongebob started it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, ive heard about this before but I just seen an ad on tv saying all eircom customers get fibre upgrade when it becomes available in your area. Does anyone know when this will be available and which areas are first?
    Hi Irishmaster

Please follow this link for information on fibre broadband rollout:

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Unfortunately we will not have any further info on availability until much closer to the launch date which we are hoping to be towards the end of may.

Also, I'd like to thank allen175 for his help and input to this.

Regards

Al

Just saw a few of these in my area Baldoyle. Marked 2 so far. 1 is about 200m from my house. Looks like I might be getting fibre sooner than I thought. :)

Think I may have tagged some done already, didn't check the main map assuming they weren't here. But does anyone know
    when these green boxes are gonna be switched on? Do they have to be in your estate or can they be around you? I have about 4 of them all around 200m from me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Think I may have tagged some done already, didn't check the main map assuming they weren't here. But does anyone know
    when these green boxes are gonna be switched on? Do they have to be in your estate or can they be around you? I have about 4 of them all around 200m from me!

Hi Irishmaster

The efiber would need to be connected to the junction box facilitating  the address' / estate for efibre to be available.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Irishmaster

The efiber would need to be connected to the junction box facilitating  the address' / estate for efibre to be available.

Thanks, Mark
    So efibre would have to be connected to the green box on my estate(Turnberry) so the 2 closest to me Moyclare/Christian brothers ones wont be it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

So efibre would have to be connected to the green box on my estate(Turnberry) so the 2 closest to me Moyclare/Christian brothers ones wont be it?
    Hi Irishmaster

We are unable to provide information on fibre availability on any specific cabinets at the moment however we will have more news on availability on the 20th of may.

Regards

Al

Advertisement