Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE & the property tax

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Getting back to RTE. I was watching the consumer show talk about the property tax. It was so scripted it was laughable.

Tell me Jim, alot of people are confused about this property tax. Do you have any tips for them ?

Well Sharon , the first thing is do not ignore the letter they sent you.

So the first thing we do is not to ignore this letter ?

Thats right

But of course RTE is biased, they want the broadcasting tax to be implemented. Whilst other Irish stations are struggling.

Yeah, as I said only a week ago here, they are not going to bite the hand that that feeds them. I wonder how the they will react when the top stars are cut by up to 40%.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,877 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

darkhorse wrote: »
    I wonder how the they will react when the top stars are cut by up to 40%.

Now that would make great tv!!! :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

You have got proof to back that statement, I assume?

Ample ample proof.

For one thing he brags about calling them to him media events. For another he makes their ridiculous legal claims. For another he has a sovereign citizens sign on his door, which he hosts in his website. For yet another the book he gives away with each donation is written by a sovereign citizens con man.

And there's tonnes more.

What the fcuk has either the U.S. or Freeman got to do with this bleedin thread?

He a member of US cult know as the Freeman.

You're not wildly bright, eh?

Or are you just refusing to pay attention?

Or just pretending to not pay attention.

Well, seen as you put it that way, I will check the website once more. I could have missed it the first 6 times. By the way, diya see the poll regarding resources on the left hand side of the site, don't ya find it ironic that nearly 10% of those polled, do not want the country's natural resorces to become the common heritage of the citizens? Now, that's something that I would find worrying. Would this not be something that should be red flagged, in your opinion?
    Just as a matter of interest, and as far as I am aware, Ben Gilroy himself does'nt have a website of his own, (I'm open to correction) but DDI collectively have a website in operation.

If you don't know he has a website, why are you even defending him??

Learn more about the people you go around defending on the internet. And more importantly, about the people you'd vote for.

• Advertisement

I'm not claiming anything, are you?

You did make some sort of random claim, which you still won't explain.

I can guess why though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/overpaid-rte-stars-will-have-40pc-slashed-from-their-wages-29191202.html

some of the stars (I use that word loosely) are about to be hit with a 40% salary cut.
    That'll take the wind out of their sails.

Ouch.
    Director General Noel Curran conceded that it had been "paying some of our talent too much" after the furore over salaries at the station.

Taoiseach Enda Kenny described the rates as "extraordinary" after it emerged that RTE is on course to pay €3.3m to its seven highest-paid contract workers this year.

I'm not gloating, that's a severe cut to salaries imo, questions need be asked though as to how the hell they were ever allowed to reach those levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

SamHall wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/overpaid-rte-stars-will-have-40pc-slashed-from-their-wages-29191202.html

some of the stars (I use that word loosely are about to be hit with a 40% salary cut.
    That'll take the wind out of their sails.

Ouch.

I'm not gloating, that's a severe cut to salaries imo, questions need be asked though as to how the hell they were ever allowed to reach those levels.

Taoiseach Enda Kenny described the rates as "extraordinary"

i find that statement extraordinary from a man who makes more than most of the leaders in europe for leading one of the smallest populations

great news though... Joe will have to phone himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Taoiseach Enda Kenny described the rates as "extraordinary"

i find that statement extraordinary from a man who makes more than most of the leaders in europe for leading one of the smallest populations

Well okay, Enda is getting paid more than the US president or German Chancellor...

But we have media presenters being paid more than Enda! :eek:

Well okay, Enda is getting paid more than the US president or German Chancellor...

But we have media presenters being paid more than Enda! :eek:

That's a common misconception EK gets paid less than the German leader and the leader of Luxembourg. He is third highest paid in Europe though which is mad.

It's absurd though that Kenny and Tubs get paid multiple times his salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Am Chile wrote: »
    אין אַלע פאַרינעסס ווי איז דדי אָדער די פרימען באַוועגונג שייַכות צו די פאַרמאָג שטייַער? דעם פאָדעם האט ניטאָ וועג אַוועק טעמע.

This guy gets it.

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Btw darkhorse you ever explained this ^^^

I'm sorry, I can't figure it out. Does it mean that you have a mental disposition?

I'm sorry, I can't figure it out. Does it mean that you have a mental disposition?

You can't figure out what you meant when you made that post? Me either. Care to try and retrace your mental footsteps and let us know your best guess?

Or maybe you were just talking out yer arse?

You said, "Sure anyone could have that printed".

What do you mean? What are you trying to imply?

You'll note two people clicked like on my post, because THEY understood my question.

Pretty odd that you're so confused by your own post.

No silly. It's not about me.

Sure, vote for a guy that thinks only green ink is legally binding and that he won't have to pay his mortgage if he puts a trademark symbol after his name.

I won't though. And most people won't.

Are you now deciding what most people will and will not do, and who gave you the authority to speak on behalf of most people?

You'll note two people clicked like on my post, because THEY understood my question.

This isn't Facebook.

Unless Madcon Thanks your post, it means nothing anyway :cool:

Are you now deciding what most people will and will not do, and who gave you the authority to speak on behalf of most people?

I'm not speaking on their behalf silly; I'm predicting their behaviour.

Based on the fact that their legal claims are false, and in the US, where they've had decades to convince people, they haven't even convinced 1/350th of the population.

So unless you're trying to claim that the Irish are a LOT more gullible than Americans... These con men will always be fringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Wish I was as cool and popular as you :(

JJayoo wrote: »
    Wish I was as cool and popular as you :(

Keep on reaching for the stars.

And by the way darkhorse, you still haven't answered the question.

Explain your post.

Ample ample proof.

For one thing he brags about calling them to him media events. For another he makes their ridiculous legal claims. For another he has a sovereign citizens sign on his door, which he hosts in his website. For yet another the book he gives away with each donation is written by a sovereign citizens con man.

And there's tonnes more.

That being the case, I would advise you to bring your evidence to the gardai.

• Advertisement

That being the case, I would advise you to bring your evidence to the gardai.

Who says I haven't.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=29

Are you still refusing to explain your post as well?

And have you still not managed to find the website of the guy you're so intent on defending?

He a member of US cult know as the Freeman.

You're not wildly bright, eh?

Or are you just refusing to pay attention?

Or just pretending to not pay attention.

Who is a member of a US cult?

I suppose I'm just as bright as the person I am posting to.

What am I refusing to pay attention to?

Who is a member of a US cult?

I suppose I'm just as bright as the person I am posting to.

What am I refusing to pay attention to?

Tell you what, I'll answer more of your questions when you answer the one I've asked you about 5 times now.

No point in repeatedly explaining something to someone who's just trolling.

If you don't know he has a website, why are you even defending him??

Learn more about the people you go around defending on the internet. And more importantly, about the people you'd vote for.

What has the fact that the man shares a website with the party that he is involved with got to do with anything? And what would Ben Gilroy need to be defended from?

This guy and his party want to give me a say in the running of my country, what more do I need to know about him?

You did make some sort of random claim, which you still won't explain.

I can guess why though.

What sort of randon claim?

What has the fact that the man shares a website with the party that he is involved with got to do with anything? And what would Ben Gilroy need to be defended from?

This guy and his party want to give me a say in the running of my country, what more do I need to know about him?

Still won't answer my question huh?

Very peculiar behaviour.

If he believed that white people were the master race would you care? Or would that be ok, because, "This guy and his party want to give me a say in the running of my country"?

You literally don't care that he's pushing a con man, that's out there scamming OAPs? Not a thing? You don't care that he's climbing up through the ranks by abusing the trust of distressed citizens? You don't care that he lies about his connection to the group? No?

On the other hand, you blindly trust that his goal is, "to give [you] a say in the running of my country".

A sucker's born every minute I guess.

No how about answering that question you keep dodging.

What sort of randon claim?

Go figure it out. I've quoted it and typed it out.

I know you're kinda slow, but sure, even you should be able to figure it out.

You can't figure out what you meant when you made that post? Me either. Care to try and retrace your mental footsteps and let us know your best guess?

Or maybe you were just talking out yer arse?

You said, "Sure anyone could have that printed".

What do you mean? What are you trying to imply?

Pretty odd that you're so confused by your own post.

Yeah, I did say that anyone could have that printed. Whats yer point?

Yeah, I did say that anyone could have that printed. Whats yer point?

You tell us, what that's meant to mean? Why did you say that.

Or was it just some sort of meaningless automatic typing in a fugue state?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

RTE News is spinning hard today.

Make no mistake about it but Ireland is being deliberately guided towards Bailout 2

Todays headlined stories are working very hard to convince you that things are getting better – while other stories prove otherwise but not getting as much attention:

1. The Fiscal Advisory Council says significant improvement on budget deficit situation in the years ahead.

2. Ireland could be given an additional seven years to repay bailout. By extending the repayment schedule, payments would be spread over a longer time, which would give the markets the confidence to lend to Ireland at lower rates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement