Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem mail in/out with outlook 2010

Options
  • 09-04-2013 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I've problems both with pop than with smtp on outlook 2010.

My configuration is:

POP
    -ingoing server address: pop.tiscali.it (it works when it goes to check the account but in fact mail don't came in)
    -port 110 (without ssl)

SMTP
    -outgoing server address: mail1.eircom.net (Server do not support none of the authentication metods supported by client)
    -port 25

Please help
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

dryw wrote: »
    Hi,

My configuration is:

POP
    -ingoing server address: pop.tiscali.it (it works when it goes to check the account but in fact mail don't came in)
    -port 110 (without ssl)

SMTP
    -outgoing server address: mail1.eircom.net (Server do not support none of the authentication metods supported by client)
    -port 25

Please help
    thanks
    Similar problem here except I'm using eircom for both pop/smtp. No email being received since Friday night last using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 (64bit) and eircom broadband. I've had the same PC/settings for over 2 years and nothing was changed last Friday. Virus checker up to date. Only discovered tonight due to busy weekend. (Outgoing smtp mail does appear to work).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dryw wrote: »
    Hi,

My configuration is:

POP
    -port 110 (without ssl)

SMTP
    -port 25

Please help
    thanks

Hi FreshCoffee and dryw

Please find the correct incoming and outgoing mail server settings below:

Incoming Mail Server:
    webmail.eircom.net

Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net

If issues persist please contact our email support centre on:

Eircom customers: 1890260260 (option 0) 

Non eircom customers: 1530277100

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

Just a follow up on this issue in case it helps anyone.

It turned out my problem was the Outlook.pst file which had some unusual corruption.  I could create and send emails but could not download POP emails from eircom.

I first identified the corruption by running Scanpst.exe from Microsoft (comes with Outlook).  It reported the PST file was corrupt and offered to repair it but after running the repair option I still had the same problem.  I finally repaired it with  "Remo Repair Outlook (PST)" which seems more comprehensive than Scanpst.exe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Just a follow up on this issue in case it helps anyone.

It turned out my problem was the Outlook.pst file which had some unusual corruption.  I could create and send emails but could not download POP emails from eircom.

I first identified the corruption by running Scanpst.exe from Microsoft (comes with Outlook).  It reported the PST file was corrupt and offered to repair it but after running the repair option I still had the same problem.  I finally repaired it with  "Remo Repair Outlook (PST)" which seems more comprehensive than Scanpst.exe

Hi FreshCoffee

Thanks for updating the thread, I have taken note of your post in case other customers contact us with the same issue.

Thanks again, Mark

Advertisement