Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Unlocking Business iPhone

• 09-04-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm sure you are probably all sick to death of these threads but I bought an iPhone 4s from a guy who got it as a business phone in the place he works.. it was brand new etc but it is locked to Three.

He said if you try to unlock it it will brick.. is this true?

I rang Three and they said I'd need to be someone within the company before they would unlock it.

Would jailbreaking it do the job or is there no way other than being in the company?

thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

You can pay online to have it IMEI unlocked. Otherwise you need somebody within the company to ring on your behalf.
    The bricking part is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

Prodigious wrote: »
    You can pay online to have it IMEI unlocked. Otherwise you need somebody within the company to ring on your behalf.
    The bricking part is nonsense.

any links to where you can pay online to have it done?

would jailbreaking work ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

cuterob wrote: »

I rang Three and they said I'd need to be someone within the company before they would unlock it.

If you bought it from someone in the company ask them to call 3 business support on your behalf and request the unlock. You have no other way to unlock that phone, don't waste your money on any online websites they will not work.
    Moving to 3 is also an option, the unlimited data is worth considering, you can put a pre pay sim in it, it does not have to be a contract one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

cuterob wrote: »
    any links to where you can pay online to have it done?

Don't waste your time or money you will be just scammed online. You can not unlock the phone.

If you bought it from someone in the company ask them to call 3 business support on your behalf and request the unlock. You have no other way to unlock that phone, don't waste your money on any online websites they will not work.
    Moving to 3 is also an option, the unlimited data is worth considering, you can put a pre pay sim in it, it does not have to be a contract one.

I'm on three at the moment.. I'm moving off to Canada and would like to have the phone unlocked so I can put any sim in you know.. I bought the phone last summer so have no way of contacting the guy I got it from.

• Advertisement

Don't waste your time or money you will be just scammed online. You can not unlock the phone.

Jailbreaking it work no?

Prodigious wrote: »

Don't think there is a jailbreak for the latest version of the software which I have on it.

No Three Ireland on that list.. unless I use the U.K three?

May aswell sell it here and buy something over there I'd say

Best bet probably then is to sell it on Adverts. I wouldn't limit myself to iPhone though, S3's are seriously good value on Adverts/Done deal ATM

Advertisement