Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate flooring in Limerick City

• 09-04-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We have the original solid wood flooring in the bedrooms upstairs and we want to replace it as it is the cheap kind that the builder put in more than a decade ago and they put it in before the walls dried and so on. The thing is, it doesn't look very nice and we want to put laminate on top. The decision for laminate has been made, so there is no question about which type of flooring to put in, the question is, who to go with and how to do it, and here is where I ask for your opinions/help.

I went around a couple of places like Homebase for laminate and underlay, and to Carpet right and the cheap place just off Parkway roundabout for the whole package. Carpet Right were very expensive but willing to deal, the cheap place was cheap AND willing to deal, so there is no question there which one is better.

My question is, are there other smaller, hidden places around the city I could check to get a good price (it's kind of a big job 41sqm or 49sqyds over 4 bedrooms so any kind of saving would be welcome)? I'm not from Limerick so I don't really know where to turn other than the obvious shops.

Any recommendations?

How to do it is another thing. What kind of laminate to pick, we can't go too expensive, but we don't want the cheapest thing eaither.There is a room downstairs that had a cheap laminate put in before we moved in. We don't especially like it, but it's very durable and it still looks fine so we're not replacing it. What we learned from it though is that we don't want the cheapes 3.99/sqyrd laminate and we don't want the skirting done the way it's done in that room. Basically, the old skirting was left on the wall, then the laminate was fitted and where the laminate met the skirting another small cover, something like scotia, was put on. It doesn't look very nice, especially because it collects extra dust and dirt. So we'd like the fitters to take off the existing skirting, lay the laminate and then put the old skirting back on top of the laminate. New skirting is out of the question due to budgetary restraints. Any ideas there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Loweface

New tile place where tile market used to be, beside Ger Malones, has some great laminate in at the back...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement