Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrettstown cemetery directions

Options
  • 09-04-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,I'm trying to bring my mam down to the grave of a friend of hers, she thinks the cemetery is called Barrettstown cemetery in Kildare.

Does she have the name right? Or could anyone give me directions to it, will be heading from Dublin (M50)

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Hi come down the N7 and then M7 as far as Naas south/Newbridge, turn left at the top of the slip way and then go around the roundabout to the right onto a dual carriageway, travel all the way along that through 2 roundabout until Newbridge town. come up to the first traffic lights at the bridge crossing the liffey and turn right, the liffey will be on your right.

Continue down that road to a small roundabout and go right again, the cemetary is probably 3-5 kms out that road and on the right hand side, there is a white railing along the front of it and a lot of overhanging trees so keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dublingirl83

Thanks a million, really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

guil wrote: »
    Hi come down the N7 and then M7 as far as Naas south/Newbridge, turn left at the top of the slip way and then go around the roundabout to the right onto a dual carriageway, travel all the way along that through 2 roundabout until Newbridge town. come up to the first traffic lights at the bridge crossing the liffey and turn right, the liffey will be on your right.

Continue down that road to a small roundabout and go right again, the cemetary is probably 3-5 kms out that road and on the right hand side, there is a white railing along the front of it and a lot of overhanging trees so keep an eye out for it.

Sorry for complicating some perfectly decent directions but a far quicker way would be:
    Barrettstown Road
    4.6 km, 6 mins

Driving directions to Barrettstown Road

Exit 10

1. Head south on Exit 10

140 m

2. Turn right toward Newbridge Road

190 m

3. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Newbridge Road

2.4 km

4. Turn right toward Thomastown

500 m

5. Continue straight onto Thomastown

500 m

6. Slight left onto Barrettstown Road

800 m

Barrettstown Road

You should see the turn off for Barrettstown road just befor you come to a large railway bridge and the Cemetary is less than half a mile down that road on your left. Should save about 10 minutes and avoid Newbridge traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah I know that way is quicker but thought there was less chance of getting lost the other way plus depending on the time there could be little to no traffic and looking at the directions as you typed them "turn right onto thomastown road" I presume that's just at Victoria bridge, someone not familiar with the area could go over the bridge and turn right to caragh or even turn right at the cross before that

• Advertisement
Advertisement