Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limekiln Road-Dublin 12 or Dublin 24?

Options
  • 09-04-2013 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hey all. We used to live in Limekiln Road and were of the opinion that it was Dublin 12. I think the areas have redesignated in recent years. The local Repac collection centre, on the same road is under South Dublin Co Council and it says address is Greenhills, Dublin 24.
    It appears that part of Limekiln Road then is now Dublin 24. Does anyone know where the border is? Or where we might be able to find out?
    We are applying for social housing and our previous address is proof of a Local Connection.
    We are trying to figure out if we should apply to South Dublin Co Council or Dublin City Co Council.
    Have looked at maps etc and just cant seem to find out.
    Anyone any idea?
    If in wrong section, could moderator please move to appropriate place?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The border there would be the M50. I would say none of Limekiln is in D24.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

According to the excellent OpenStreet Map, all of Limekiln Rd is in Dublin 12. See here

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭grumbleweed

Thanks. I think it is SDCC simply because they run Tymon Park in total. It does appear to be Dublin 12 as we had thought. However, some places I am reading state that Greenhills falls under South Dublin not Dublin City. So still not sure :confused:

From Wiki-not reliable I know!
    Administration

In administrative terms, Greenhills is in the extreme north-west of South Dublin County Council (SDCC) area, and in local government elections is part of the Tallaght Central local electoral area. As of 2009, the local elected representatives on SDCC are Eamonn Walsh (Fianna Fáil), Mick Duff (Labour), Colm Brophy (Fine Gael), Pamala Kearns (Labour), Sean Crowe (Sinn Féin) and Dermot Looney (Labour). Cllr. Looney is the only local representative resident in Greenhills.
    Greenhills is part of the Dublin South–West Dáil constituency. The elected TDs for the area are Brian Hayes (Fine Gael), Sean Crowe (Sinn Féin), Eamonn Maloney (Labour), and Pat Rabbitte (Labour).

Greenhills College/VEC is under County of Dublin VEC. It descibes as South West County Dubiln. Still dont know though

• Advertisement

A definitive map of the county boundary appears here and says that its in Tallaght Central electoral district. Not sure if that precludes it from being in Dublin 12.

Have been desperately looking for a map like that! Thanks :)
    Think that conclusively shows me that Greenhills is under Tallaght Central. Does that mean it is South Dublin Co Council then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I live on Limekiln Road and its always been Dublin 12. Ive never heard of any sort of reallignment of it to D24?

Have been desperately looking for a map like that! Thanks :)
    Think that conclusively shows me that Greenhills is under Tallaght Central. Does that mean it is South Dublin Co Council then?

Council are probably best positioned to answer that one!

Hey GBX, no I clarified I got the D24 thing wrong, it is Dublin 12. If you live on Limekiln Road, you are the very person to know then. What County Council are you under? South Dublin Co Co or Dublin City??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

its under South Dublin county council, i also live on Limekiln road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I've always seen it as dublin 24 considering it's proximity to tymon park.

Thanks for all info. Its definitely D12 and Limekiln/Greenhills appears to be Tallaght Central and Templeogue-Limekiln and under South Dub Co Co. Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Collins map of Dublin concurs it is Dublin 12 and SDCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Granny lived there for over 20 years,always thought it was Dublin 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Definitely Dublin 12.

As said already, I think of Dublin 24 as starting on the other side of the M50: top end of the Greenhills Road, Tymon North, Balrothery, Kinammangh etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

My other half is from Limekiln & it's always been Dublin 12. We now live on the far side of Tymon Park & that's Dublin 24. Always thought it was the M50 that divided it.

Advertisement