Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting back into college

• 09-04-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭

Just said I'd ask here before I go into the IT.

I failed my 2nd year in a business course. Did nothing for a year and now I want to get back into college and apply for a computer course this year.

Am I 'out of the system' now and considered a mature student or back to education student or what?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

If you're over 23 you'd be considered a mature student. Otherwise just apply through the CAO as you would if you were doing the LC, you may be subject to fees though. I was in a similar situation and the fees weren't too bad.

Just said I'd ask here before I go into the IT.

I failed my 2nd year in a business course. Did nothing for a year and now I want to get back into college and apply for a computer course this year.

Am I 'out of the system' now and considered a mature student or back to education student or what?

What kind of computer course ?

If you have the head for programming then do programming there is a serious shortage of good programmers.

Very few other areas of I.T offer such good salaries, any other type of IT is ruthless and full of temporal contracts and not so good money.

Advertisement