Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jean Depot

Options
  • 09-04-2013 11:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ever since the Jean Depot opened beside Supermacs, I popped in a few times and had a look. I have to say, the pricing is very good - most jeans and jumpers are €20 which is a bargain considering other stores are charging more than 4 times that. Got a few bits in there today and found the staff friendly, as they always tend to be when I popped in.

Fair play to them, hope they last and they should get good business with those prices!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Deisedarren

The same people that them owns sports savers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Sully wrote: »
    Ever since the Jean Depot opened beside Supermacs, I popped in a few times and had a look. I have to say, the pricing is very good - most jeans and jumpers are €20 which is a bargain considering other stores are charging more than 4 times that. Got a few bits in there today and found the staff friendly, as they always tend to be when I popped in.

Fair play to them, hope they last and they should get good business with those prices!
    I thought that store was for young people sully ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

decies wrote: »
    I thought that store was for young people sully ?

Jeans and Jumpers I got were fine for me - no hoodies and no crazy style on the jeans or jumpers. There was younger stuff there alright, but that was further into the store. I got the jeans and jumpers from the big table beside the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Will have to look closer so, have wandered in and out a few times . Mind you as I was eating my bagel with herself , we were commenting on the lack of colourful shop fronts in city centre . That RAF colour is not the best lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

The same people that them owns sports savers

And Ersk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Haven't been in there yet mainly because I haven't been in town shopping for awhile. I understand from their web site, they do Smith & Jones jeans for €20 that are manufactured in Pakistan. Personally I'd have potential sweatshop concerns about that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

old gregg wrote: »
    Haven't been in there yet mainly because I haven't been in town shopping for awhile. I understand from their web site, they do Smith & Jones jeans for €20 that are manufactured in Pakistan. Personally I'd have potential sweatshop concerns about that.

I'd say that's the case with most products sold, especially clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

I'd say that's the case with most products sold, especially clothing.

And something, if we were any way decent as human beings, would take more seriously.

It's a pain researching brands and often costs a little more but worth it to know people are not suffering to allow others wear cheap clothes. I see they stock Vans shoes which the last I heard are sourced from unionised factories which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Decided to Google S&J jeans and I see they have them for in Guineys for €15

• Advertisement

It's a pain researching brands and often costs a little more but worth it to know people are not suffering to allow others wear cheap clothes. I see they stock Vans shoes which the last I heard are sourced from unionised factories which is great.

A little?! Iv seen jeans €80-100+ in Waterford! TShirts at €25+ on special!! Crazy prices and cheaper abroad within Europe!

A little?! Iv seen jeans €80-100+ in Waterford! TShirts at €25+ on special!! Crazy prices and cheaper abroad within Europe!

For sure and why spend €100 on a pair for jeans. But we all make choices and mine is to not support sweatshop manufactured goods even if it means sometimes going without.

Advertisement