Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KnockanStockan 26/27/28 July

Options
  • 09-04-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Has anyone ever been to this?

What is it like?

Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Only for one day/night. Couldn't ask for a more picturesque setting. I loved it, would highly recommend it to anyone. Just don't get really wasted like I did, spent most of my time in the muck followed by a week of picking splinters out of my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Earlybird tickets on sale currently. I haven't been before, but some friends have highly recommended it. Going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

And does anyone one know if you can get day tickets for Friday or Sat?
    I can only see day tickets for Sunday.
    I would go u for one day but not the for the whole weekend

Yeah Lineup "sounds" good.
    Never heard of many of the artist but I have youtube'd them aand they sounded good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I've been to and played at every KnockanStockan except the first I think. Each year it gets a little bigger and more musically varied which is nice. The downsides are that the 'facilities' can be pretty inadequate and all the usual problems associated with scumbags become a more noticeable.

old gregg wrote: »
    I've been to and played at every KnockanStockan except the first I think. .

So, do you know if there are day tickets for sat?
    Or did they use to have day tickets?

• Advertisement

SusanneKn wrote: »
    So, do you know if there are day tickets for sat?
    Or did they use to have day tickets?

I'm almost certain they don't do day tickets. Early bird are €75 for the weekend which is pretty OK. But if cash is tight then get in touch with them and offer to help out in exchange for entry. I've friends who do that each year and they get fed as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Can anyone give any feedback regarding family facilities? KnockanStockan won 'best family festival' last year, but there's no info on their website about family campsite/separate toilets/kids area/family parking/kids entertainment/proportion of scumbags, all the usual stuff.
    We were severely disappointed with the treatment of families and lack of security in family campsite at Body & Soul this year so looking for something that's genuinely family friendly. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Got my ticket today, woop woop!!
    Great festival with a brilliant line up of bands. Don't know too much about facilities etc. but having won numerous awards I'd say the standard is good, don't quote me though.

CAN'T WAIT :D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just found out I've got tickets for this. Anyone going or been before? Shed any light on the facilities? Food and toilets. Previous comments about scumbags have me nervous? I didn't think it would be that kind of festival.
    Not much info on the website about the camping, just that you can't bring cooking equipment.
    Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Just found out I've got tickets for this. Anyone going or been before? Shed any light on the facilities? Food and toilets. Previous comments about scumbags have me nervous? I didn't think it would be that kind of festival.
    Not much info on the website about the camping, just that you can't bring cooking equipment.
    Much appreciated.

It's a great festival, really electric yet safe atmosphere.

Toilets are your standard festival portaloos. If you're camping, bring bog roll!

Food is the same, burger vans, noodle place (not the healthiest, but by 3am saturday morning all bets are off!!)
    There was a vegetarian-y cafe last year. Very healthy, raw ingredients.

Don't worry about the scumbags. Having Blessington so close doesn't help, but last year was an exception because Oxegen wasn't on, you did have a few.
    But their numbers were so small, & the rest of the crowd were great.
    It'll be even better this year!! :D

Yeah, you're gonna have to rely on dry food/festival fare unless bring a decent cooler bag.

Heading down tomorrow, can't wait! Although I've no money left from buying food :o

• Advertisement

It's a great festival, really electric yet safe atmosphere.

Toilets are your standard festival portaloos. If you're camping, bring bog roll!

Food is the same, burger vans, noodle place (not the healthiest, but by 3am saturday morning all bets are off!!)
    There was a vegetarian-y cafe last year. Very healthy, raw ingredients.

Don't worry about the scumbags. Having Blessington so close doesn't help, but last year was an exception because Oxegen wasn't on, you did have a few.
    But their numbers were so small, & the rest of the crowd were great.
    It'll be even better this year!! :D

Yeah, you're gonna have to rely on dry food/festival fare unless bring a decent cooler bag.

Heading down tomorrow, can't wait! Although I've no money left from buying food :o

Brilliant thanks for that. Was planning on borrowing the sisters cooler and sticking in a box of wine and some cheese and other food stuff.

Mixed Digital album available to buy
    You name the price!

Perfect way to get in the mood

Bandcamp.com

Minor tip for folks going the first time and driving with loads of camping stuff/food/drink: try to drive past the main entrance and pull over long enough to unpack everything on the side of the road and get one of your friends to mind it before you take the considerable drive to the parking facility and get the shuttle bus back. It just makes carrying a whole lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

great little festival that's BYOB plus bars on site. music for everybody on the line up. only minus from me is the carpark is about 2 or 3 miles from the venue so shuttle bus down and back etc.

noticed a few scummers last year but they only make up a very small percentage of the crowd. weather should be ok and the ground will be rock hard after the dry spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

If anyone has tickets and cannot go please let me know, thanks:)

JEmily wrote: »
    If anyone has tickets and cannot go please let me know, thanks:)

try toutless.com there are few up for grab

SusanneKn wrote: »
    try toutless.com there are few up for grab

Tried there, nothing for sale yet...will keep trying thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So has this sold out then, theres no mention of this in their website or facebook page.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Here's a new video from Leading Armies who are playing on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

Hi!

It's the first time we go to a festival here in Ireland. Any tips from experienced Irish festivals regulars? Any tips for this particular one? We are so excited about it but also a little worried about the weather, we've seen that Sun will be wet and might also be tomorrow evening.

Thanks a million,

ODrai.

• Advertisement

So has this sold out then, theres no mention of this in their website or facebook page.

I played with the ticket purchase without actually purchasing on their Facebook page and it would indicate they are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Anyone any room to give me a lift? I can meet in Tallaght if anyone has a seat going.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zamala

I know this isn't the place for it but if anyone has tickets and there not going anymore I would take them, PM if so!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

zamala wrote: »
    I know this isn't the place for it but if anyone has tickets and there not going anymore I would take them, PM if so!
    Thanks.

Similarly, if anyone needs a cheap last minute campervan ticket, you can send me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Does anyone know what the ground is like down there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Any reports on what this was like ? Thinking of going next year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I had a brilliant weekend and will definitely be going next year. Great weather, great music, great food (and surprisingly inexpensive), very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

TPD wrote: »
    I had a brilliant weekend and will definitely be going next year. Great weather, great music, great food (and surprisingly inexpensive), very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Same answer as above, absolutely brilliant for my first yr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

My first time this year too and definitely not my last.
    I hadn't much hope for the music heading down but was pleasantly surprised by a lot of the stuff I saw. Don't ask me who they were though! As usual, though, the Worries Outernational guys were exceptional on the Friday night and Attention Bebe absolutely killed it on the Sunday night. Lovely vibes down there too - we had loads of fun messing and hanging out and meeting pretty sound randomers.
    The car park being so far away is annoying alright but not the end of the world. I'd definitely recommend heading next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement