Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Music launches in Ireland

Options
  • 10-04-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

This will no doubt be of interest to music fans, but the Google Music service just landed over here. It powered on at midnight tonight.

Free storage for 20,000 tracks, with purchased ones not taking up any space. You can stream them essentially anywhere. Also, as far as I know, artists get a better cut than iTunes and the like.

It's worth trying out, especially since it is now available officially. You need not pretend that you are in the States any more.

http://music.google.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Will definitely give this a go. Cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

You're welcome. I have been using it myself since the launch in America years ago, and it is pretty great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Giving it a go now. I'm not too impressed with the user interface at the moment, it seems very low on features and too similar to iTunes (which is a terrible music player by the way). If there's a way to customise it it would be better. I probably won't be using it that much as I love my foobar2000 and Spotify. Going to try it on my phone later.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

At long last!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

Any way to import playlists from itunes into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

The Music Manager application will import your iTunes playlists to the service.

Advertisement