Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming to NZ

• 10-04-2013 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys

My Oz visa is up in Aug and I'm not ready to go back to Ireland just yet so have decided that I'm gonna do a year in NZ. I'm thinking I would be heading to either Auckland or Christchurch first...

I'm just wondering how the cost of living differs to that here in Sydney (rent, food, transport etc)

I'm also wondering if I would get work especially in Christchurch. I know there is a lot of work for construction and tradies but what about jobs for girls (office work etc)??
    I'm thinkingI can start applying for some jobs before I leave and hopefully have some interviews lined up for when I arrive :)

I'm going on my own so a bit nervous about that.. I know one person in NZ but not sure where he'll be by the time I go!!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Trademe.co.nz and Seek.co.nz are the best websites to look at for jobs, trademe.co.nz is good for looking at accommodation (you'll get a good indicator of your rent here) and second hand goods as well.

About the cost of living I don't know but I've heard that the wages are in general better in Oz, how true this is I don't know enough to compare.

Edit: just seen your other post on the other thread and Wellington might be a place to look at too if you're interested in financial services type work.

Advertisement