Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 8), Apr 12-16, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Least Bray know they've a point.
    103cf.jpg

Our game with Cork on Saturday is 3 55 kick off due to being live on RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For some reason I think we can get something out of Fridays match, no idea why!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Least Bray know they've a point.
    103cf.jpg

If we're not winning comfortably at half time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

It'll be interesting to see how Stephen Kenny fairs against his old protege! I'm thinking 0-1 Derry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not sure why we're playing on a Tuesday, doesn't make it easier for fans to get down to Limerick.

Will be a tough game for us. Need to tighten up at the back if we're to get anything.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If we play like we have been doing all season so far, Sligo will make absolute shíte of us saturday. Really need to pick up our ideas. But we have a half decent record up there, so would not be shocked with a 1-1. Would be quite happy with it in fact.

Good TV time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not sure why we're playing on a Tuesday, doesn't make it easier for fans to get down to Limerick.

Will be a tough game for us. Need to tighten up at the back if we're to get anything.

I presume Munster are playing at weekend there and maybe pitch wont be ready.

Just my guess

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That would make sense

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

That would make sense

Actually they play Leinster on Saturday now. Just checked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

For some reason I think we can get something out of Fridays match, no idea why!
    Maybe the fact that Wayside Celtic beat the Drogs 2-1 in HD park last night :eek:
    You may face the old "backlash" though :D. I still think the Drogs will win

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yeah, I have to rent a car and convince a Canadian tourist I know to drive it down for me. Sold it as a trip to Ireland's misunderstood city, stopping off at the Burren and Cliffs of Moher.

gimmick wrote: »
    If we play like we have been doing all season so far, Sligo will make absolute shíte of us saturday. Really need to pick up our ideas. But we have a half decent record up there, so would not be shocked with a 1-1. Would be quite happy with it in fact.

Good TV time as well.
    Elding finally ended his goal drought in the last game. We were starting to get worried. Expect him to kick on from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Probably another draw for Rovers. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bray usually spoil Rovers by getting a point or a win anyway, so they should have no fear..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Draw for Rovers, Shels get a man sent off, Elding to score, it's all getting a bit too predictable.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

No confidence about us getting result in Sligo.

Has makings of comfortable win for home side. 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Think Corks style of play will suit this game.
    Midfield crowded and a drab 0-0.
    It is on TV so it a banker for a 0-0 really !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Doesn't get any easier for us :(
    Looking like whoever is less sh!t between ourselves and Shelbourne will get the playoff spot. I have a feeling Shels will win that battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Draw for Rovers, Shels get a man sent off, Elding to score, it's all getting a bit too predictable.

yea its like watching La Liga.
    barca to win: pass the ball 10millions times, 2 shots on goal,messi to score. real madrid win & sometimes draw: jose arragantio to practice pi**ed off look, Ramos gets sent off and Ronald scores.
    Give me loi any day of the wk.
    Actually; give me Messi at inchicore:)
    & Ronaldo @ tallaght!!!! Perfect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Bohs bus announced to Limerick. That's transport sorted so: http://bohemianfc.com/?cat=5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Derry visiting the home of football tomorrow evening. Very tough game. They're scoring for fun and not conceding many (F18 A1 in last 6 games!) and they tend to do well against us. Hopefully Rafter gets a decent reception from our lot as it was his goals which ultimately kept us out of the graveyard last season.

Should be a cracking atmosphere what with us getting decent crowds so far and Derry's legendary away support making plenty of noise. Would gladly take a draw but fear we'll get beat 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pighead wrote: »

Should be a cracking atmosphere what with us getting decent crowds so far and Derry's legendary away support making plenty of noise. Would gladly take a draw but fear we'll get beat 2-0.

:eek:

Are the drugs finally wearing off?

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Think Corks style of play will suit this game.
    Midfield crowded and a drab 0-0.
    It is on TV so it a banker for a 0-0 really !
    Nobody has stopped us scoring yet. We won our last TV game 3 nil.

:eek:

Are the drugs finally wearing off?
    Last weeks disappointing performance against Limerick made Pighead realise that perhaps this team aren't quite ready to take their place amongst the European elite just yet. It's been a tough week coming to terms with that realisation but I'm a patient man and willing to wait another season for the glory days to return.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Last weeks disappointing performance against Limerick made Pighead realise that perhaps this team aren't quite ready to take their place amongst the European elite just yet. It's been a tough week coming to terms with that realisation but I'm a patient man and willing to wait another season for the glory days to return.

The only 2 disappointing aspects of the game last week was that 2 silly mistakes had us 2-0 down and the fact we still didnt win the game.

We played great football, controlled the ball for a good 70mins.

The only difference between us finishing midtable or pushing for Europe and Setanta, is if faherty starts scoring or we get a centre forward in come the summer.

Anyone who has been to Oriel or watched a game against Dundalk is that in Richie Towell, their is not a better CM in the league

I'd bet that Finn is..

dfx- wrote: »
    I'd bet that Finn is..

We will see which one will be off across the water in July.

Best player Ive seen in Oriel since the early 90's

I wouldn't necessarily judge it by who takes the magic plane quickest.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily judge it by who takes the magic plane quickest.

Totally outplayed Finn in the first 70mins in Oriel 1st game of the season

Anyone who has been to Oriel or watched a game against Dundalk is that in Richie Towell, their is not a better CM in the league
    I liked Towell in the u21 games here but I reckon any of our four are just as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Better than Robbie Dunne???:eek:

Paul Corry was better than both of them then ;)

The only 2 disappointing aspects of the game last week was that 2 silly mistakes had us 2-0 down and the fact we still didnt win the game.

We played great football, controlled the ball for a good 70mins.

The only difference between us finishing midtable or pushing for Europe and Setanta, is if faherty starts scoring or we get a centre forward in come the summer.

We didn't play great football for 70 minutes. We were very average in the first half. We only started playing when we went 2-0 down.

Agree with your Towell statement though. Best midfielder I've seen in a long time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

People are going to watch the FA youth cup semi-finals rather than go to a league of Ireland game. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Have to say that Sligo's David Cawley looks like an excellent prospect at CM.
    Watched him v UCD & he looked very comfortable. He wasnt put under allot of pressure. but definitely 1 2 watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Friday night and no Bohs game. Something is terribly terribly wrong.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Oriel Park is less than an hour up the road. Two of the most attractive teams in the league face each other in a battle only one of them can win (unless it's a draw). You know it makes sense. Never too late to hop aboard the Dundalk bandwagon. Choo choo.

Oriel Park is less than an hour up the road. Two of the most attractive teams in the league face each other in a battle only one of them can win (unless it's a draw). You know it makes sense. Never too late to hop aboard the Dundalk bandwagon. Choo choo.

I'd sooner watch Shels... and that's saying something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

What about the Belfield Bowl? Should be a good match between two teams who try to play decent football.

• Advertisement

You could come to the Bowl as a thank you to the club that gave you Nangle and Lyons... Just sayin.

You could come to the Bowl as a thank you to the club that gave you Nangle and Lyons... Just sayin.

Think I might catch a comedy instead. Shelbourne are playing at home right?

Think I might catch a comedy instead. Shelbourne are playing at home right?
    Some of our defending has been pretty comical so far this season to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Hopefully that will continue for tonight at least.

SOLD!!

I'd sooner watch Shels... and that's saying something.
    Philistine. If you don't fancy watching the second and third best teams in the country, that's your business. You're making a huge mistake here. Hopefully you don't regret it in later years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What's your opinion on Nangle and Lyons?

Lyons seemed pretty impressive before Foran destroyed him and Nangle is a bit hit and miss. Great against Shels, went asleep for Sligo's second letting the ball run under his foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

People are going to watch the FA youth cup semi-finals rather than go to a league of Ireland game. The mind boggles.

No, people are watching tv instead of going to a match. If the FA Youth cup wasn't on they'd just be watching soaps or some sh*t.

dan1895 wrote: »
    No, people are watching tv instead of going to a match. If the FA Youth cup wasn't on they'd just be watching soaps or some sh*t.

Good point, looking forward to getting a match in tonight as my opportunities have become more limited recently.

I'll pick the 45-60 minute range for Sullivan to be booked tonight. Should get some sweepstake going for his weekly booking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement