Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 8), Apr 12-16, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

1-0 Fundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

One nil Shels,Shortall, we're worth it too, they are ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Latest: Dundalk 1 -3 Derry City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

One nil Shels,Shortall, we're worth it too, they are ****e

how much did ye win by in the end?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I thought UCD were odds on for the drop....Bray are gonna surpass them at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great comeback by Drogs, I had a tenner double on them and Derry.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Good results for us with everyone below us losing, need to pick up something against Limerick though.

7-0 is some trashing. Great Rovers performance, ****e from Bray, or something in between?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

**** Matthews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

CSF wrote: »
    **** Matthews

as I was queuing for my ticket this evening a steward approached me and said "be careful tonight, the president is in, don't be abusive to the manager". You see, the last two home games I've walked by the dugout just before full time and told that c... him to get the fúck out of the club.

I know the steward personally, so said yeah, I'd be on good behaviour.

Well, when the pen was given I started to leave, down from Section E, passed the bar, on to the dugouts and stopped to tell matthews to fúck off.

the bleedin police had to move me on, hardly an appropriate response.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Think if we had a referee that could do his job properly we could have gotten something out of that. No complaints about Kavanagh's second yellow but his first was a fantastically timed challenge. The linesman who was 5 yards away deemed it was a fair challenge yet the referee who was 30 yards away deemed it was worth a yellow.
    Best performance of the season (that I've seen anyway) but once again ridiculous defending cost us. Looking forward to Drogheda next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Salthill concede in the 93rd minute to lose a game they should have won. Football, eh?

Nearly lost two cameras up on the balcony when a wayward shot came up my way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Michael D. in Tolka tonight. Don't know what he was doing there, maybe he didn't have a good laugh in a good while?

And as usual, the lads in the away end had some fun...but this might apply to each and every away supporter in Tolka these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Statement of intent from Shamrocks. Not going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

as I was queuing for my ticket this evening a steward approached me and said "be careful tonight, the president is in, don't be abusive to the manager". You see, the last two home games I've walked by the dugout just before full time and told that c... him to get the fúck out of the club.

Well, when the pen was given I started to leave, down from Section E, passed the bar, on to the dugouts and stopped to tell matthews to fúck off.

They should have removed you from the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

no shots vs 11 men, loads vs 10 win 1-0

Saints dont do draws but we are going to click and when we do someone is getting a hiding or we will lose.

We like a coin toss Win or Lose....there is no inbetween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

So it was you who got them mention on Extratime.ie!
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    no shots vs 11 men, loads vs 10 win 1-0

Saints dont do draws but we are going to click and when we do someone is getting a hiding or we will lose.

We like a coin toss Win or Lose....there is no inbetween.

Well yous will smash us on Monday! :o

Well yous will smash us on Monday! :o

Hope we do but dunno we have the makings and ability of a great great team but final balls or midfield passes go astray.

you can see what we trying and well its worked 4 times out of 6....but still we just havent clicked....but we will :eek:

Hope we do but dunno we have the makings and ability of a great great team but final balls or midfield passes go astray.

you can see what we trying and well its worked 4 times out of 6....but still we just havent clicked....but we will :eek:

"Makings and ability of a great great team"...until Europe hits and your League form will go piss poor as usual.

"Makings and ability of a great great team"...until Europe hits and your League form will go piss poor as usual.

Europe pays the wages......**** the league and every other compo.....we get more from Europe than any team winning every single compo in ireland gets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A great performance. Third goal was terrific. For once, no Robinson, 2 upfront, no Rice being the attacking midfielder nonsense, no McCormack at right back. Simple stuff, Finn and Quigley ran riot with Kilduff excellent as well.

Sullivan booked for dissent on 62 minutes (I was so close) and had to be subbed off to not get sent off and made a fuss going off. When your club captain is having to be taken off to avoid a red card for dissent when you're 5-0 up at home, there's a problem.
    Mushy wrote: »
    I thought UCD were odds on for the drop....Bray are gonna surpass them at this rate.

I'd be worried if I was a Bray fan. Devlin is usually out marshalling them, he was sat in his seat for the majority of the game and all second half. Everyone but Waters basically gave up, very poor body language. If you lose Waters who was chasing everything even at 6-0, I'd say UCD could have an escape clause..

• Advertisement

A quick reminder for all football supporters from all over the country:

Are you looking for a great night out? Are you looking for a great party venue?
    Just come down to Tolka, you only have to be an away supporter, and you will enjoy three points, get a lesson of how to take the lead and loose the match, and you will certainly have a great time.

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Michael D. in Tolka tonight. Don't know what he was doing there, maybe he didn't have a good laugh in a good while?

And as usual, the lads in the away end had some fun...but this might apply to each and every away supporter in Tolka these days...

In fairness to Mick he's a huge LOI fan. He was president at Galway United and was a regular there too. He's been in Dalyer a few times over the years and got a great reception both times. The last time the Derry fans even gave him a better reception than the home fans. In fairness to him he stopped to sign programmes and to get in pics. Top bloke!

BOHtox wrote: »
    In fairness to Mick he's a huge LOI fan. He was president at Galway United and was a regular there too. He's been in Dalyer a few times over the years and got a great reception both times. The last time the Derry fans even gave him a better reception then the home fans. In fairness to him he stopped to sign programmes and to get in pics. Top bloke!

I just thought, he would be a lucky charm for Shels ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Shels fans, is it bad subs from Matthews or just lack of concentration that has you's conceding so many late goals?

Shels fans, is it bad subs from Matthews or just lack of concentration that has you's conceding so many late goals?

Let's make it short, but sweet, it's AM as such :rolleyes:

Galway Advertiser facebook
    Some game in Cobh - Mervue 5-3 down and down to eight men. Four penalties, three sendings off...

Sounds like an entertaining affair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Galway Advertiser facebook

Sounds like an entertaining affair!
    2 keepers sent off for Mervue seemingly

oldyouth wrote: »
    2 keepers sent off for Mervue seemingly

One was the first choice and I think the second was an outfield player playing in goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Mars Bar wrote: »
    One was the first choice and I think the second was an outfield player playing in goal.
    Bit of a selection dilemma for the visit of The Youths next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Was it straight reds for the keepers or how'd they manage to get through so many?

• Advertisement

Up to the 60th min we were doing ok, Drogs pressuring, Mathews should have replaced Philly Hughes with Robert Bayly to add break up the potential attacks. Instead Mathews waits till we're 2-1 down! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The team isn't fit. They're set up awfully. There's no organisation. It's a ****ing joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Raf Cretaro on late night TV ads for hair growth. Looks like he went down the Mooney route and sold his soul.

SantryRed wrote: »
    The team isn't fit. They're set up awfully. There's no organisation. It's a ****ing joke.

It's not all about fitness, imo. No real communication between midfield and attack, the defense goes all over the place, once Shels concede a goal, no patience, just hoofing the ball towards Philly Hughes,,,

It needs someone with motivation skills, someone who is able to build up the player's confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If City do not start showing some massive improveemnt soon I can see a lot of people turning on the manager. Once again we were utterly clueless on Saturday. Sligo were not great shakes either, but they didn't need to be as we possessed no threat whatsoever.

I have questioned Tommy Dunnes signings before and I will do so again. Rundle looks a nothing player. Dennehy is a sick note. Behan. Enough said. Furlong will take time to get used to the Premier. Kavanagh looks ok. But only ok. He is not a scorer. A worker most certainly mind.

Shells on Friday could be a very grim game indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

gimmick wrote: »
    If City do not start showing some massive improveemnt soon I can see a lot of people turning on the manager. Once again we were utterly clueless on Saturday. Sligo were not great shakes either, but they didn't need to be as we possessed no threat whatsoever.

I have questioned Tommy Dunnes signings before and I will do so again. Rundle looks a nothing player. Dennehy is a sick note. Behan. Enough said. Furlong will take time to get used to the Premier. Kavanagh looks ok. But only ok. He is not a scorer. A worker most certainly mind.

Would not be surprised if Shels won.

We are not setting world alight.

In saying that we were not so bad Saturday.

We lack creativity in final third. Behan is like playing with 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Still haven't managed to win at home this season. We started off great against Derry with Keith Ward running the game for the first half hour. Scored the opener and looked like we'd score the second. Then we gave away a stupid penalty (everybody around me said it was very harsh but it looked like a push in the back to me. Soft maybe but a foul nonetheless) and fell to pieces.

Neil Doyle was the ref and he was awful. In fairness to him he got most of the big decisions correct but some of the yellows he gave out were ridiculous. Also missed a blatant peno for Derry where he gave them a free kick even though their player was fouled near the penalty spot. hope they show that on MSN.

Bohs up next. Away from home which is good as we seem to play better away from Oriel these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Friday night in Tallaght was basically the Mark Quigley show. I hope we keep the set-up the same: Having Kilduff up top keeps the defence honest so ol' mushroom-head can go wandering, and lets the midfield actually play with the ball. He looked different class, and improved other players like Powell as well.

With better wing play, it could have gone into double digits. Bray were dreadful, but that was a night I felt Rovers could have beaten any other Irish team.

Would not be surprised if Shels won.

We lack creativity in final third. Behan is like playing with 10 men.

Shels win, in Cork!?!?! :eek:

Lack creativity in the final third, snap!!

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »

sea-shells-photo346346.jpg

Will be a very grim game if the pitch is that sandy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ye have a decent record in Cork.

And the pitch has been prtty poor this season as well, so yes, expect a fair bit of sand.

This has got to be the most poorly advertised game ever.

But supposedly Shels are playing Pats tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

This has got to be the most poorly advertised game ever.

But supposedly Shels are playing Pats tonight!

Was it even announced on friday? Maybe i just didn't hear over the abuse being thrown at Matthews

dan1895 wrote: »
    Was it even announced on friday? Maybe i just didn't hear over the abuse being thrown at Matthews

I knew nothing of it until I heard about it in the bar at half time.

dan1895 wrote: »
    I knew nothing of it until I heard about it in the bar at half time.

we know about it

welcome_image_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not looking forward to tonight at all.

Frankie Lally ‏@FrankieLally 2h
    Paddy Power say they will wait until Wednesday before making a decision regarding the penalty market in the @shelsfc v @DroghedaUnited. #LOI

lads any tips for tonight?

Be mean if you dont share them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

That penalty thing is a bit strange, there were four penalties in our match against Limerick. The penalty on Friday was fairly straightforward as well, Daly pushed over in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

lads any tips for tonight?

Be mean if you dont share them.
    Don't back Shels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Real pity we're playing in Thomand after the rugby.

Think we could have turned Limerick over on a normal pitch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement