Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID in Australia

Options
  • 10-04-2013 5:48am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is an ID that i can get, which will be accepted in bars and clubs in Australia (specifically Melbourne)? I'm 29, clearly look like i'm in my late 20's, but i still get asked for ID in some places (which is pretty mad, but whatever), and i hate bringing my passport out with me.

There is Keypass (keypass.com.au), but that requires a parent to be present when completing the form. Obviously that's not an option.

Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Kiith wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is an ID that i can get, which will be accepted in bars and clubs in Australia (specifically Melbourne)? I'm 29, clearly look like i'm in my late 20's, but i still get asked for ID in some places (which is pretty mad, but whatever), and i hate bringing my passport out with me.

There is Keypass (keypass.com.au), but that requires a parent to be present when completing the form. Obviously that's not an option.

Any others?

Driver's licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Proof of Age card is all you need. Just pop into any Vic Roads office and get one.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licences/OtherLicences/ProofofAgecard.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

http://australia.gov.au/services/service-task/apply-for/proof-of-age-card

Drivers Licenses and identity/proof of age cards are issued by the states in Australia. The process is different depending on the state you live in but the link above should point you in the right direction for your location.

This will give you the officially recognised proof of age card that is widely accepted. Keypass are a 3rd party private provider and I would be concerned that it may not be accepted in some circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I got a proof of age recently, i had to show proof of my eligability to live and work in the country (visa grant e-mail did the trick).
    So if you have something like that at hand bring a copy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cheers for the links. Will drop in and check the Proof of Age card out later today. One question though...
    Take the completed form and your original proof of identity documents (one from Category A and one from Category B) to someone who has known you for a minimum of 12 months and who is listed on the electoral roll.

On the keypass card, the only people who could sign it off were people in a government role (i.e. police, medical etc...). I've a friend who i've known for a few years in Melbourne, but he just works in IT. Will that be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

You will need,
    1. To fill out the form yourself
    2. Get it signed anybody on the electroral role who knows you longer than a year
    3. Get two forms of ID checked by authorised person (e.g police, pharmacist, the list is on the form)
    4. Go to Post Office (there are only speciifc ones, again there is a list on the form) and get them to check both ids as well, pay $10 and get you photo taken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cheers. Now that i know what the electoral roll is, should be easy enough.

Advertisement