Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP RE: autosave problem

Options
  • 10-04-2013 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i have been up all night typing an outline for a novel. I am an absolute twat and was typing it as a message to my friend on facebook. my laptop has no battery, the cable came out of laptop and it died. I know little/nothing about computers and when i restarted computer, and restored tabs on firefox the text box was empty (obviously).

Now I'm 99.9% sure that I'm ****ed, but seeing as I'm aware of my own limitations regarding technology, I thought that at a last straw I'd make a tit out of myself by posting this in the hopes that there might be SOME way to get all I'd written back. Again I know how silly i must look but I'd just done some of my most productive writing in years, so I'm just sending out a hail mary...

I fully expect to be ripped to shreds but if somebody could just put me out of my misery and tell me I'm ****ed before the craic begins, I'd really appreciate it!!!

PLease and thanks..

(i know how bizzare this post is, but i'm desperate)
    apologies for the language but authenticity and editing can't really co-exist in this post, I don't think..

- I'm not a nutter, just having a nutty moment -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

In Facebook chat, not a hope. It's gone, having never been saved in the first place. Create a Google account and use Google Documents next time, it'll save to the cloud then and when you're done you can share it with your mates Google account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SFlood

cheers lad

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, google docs allows people you're sharing with to see your edits in real-time and saves as you type too. It's a great piece of kit.

Hard luck. It's a harsh lesson to learn.

Advertisement