Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site issue - "Full site" button

Options
  • 10-04-2013 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

This has possibly already been reported. Since the update to the touch site, the "Full site" button brings you to boards.ie homepage instead of the page you're on. I know there's an issue with quoting posts too at the moment so it's really annoying when you want to go to the full site and quote someone, but you have to navigate back to the page you were on!

Not sure if it's relevant but I'm using Safari, iPhone 4S, latest iOS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Not sure if reported here in Site Development but we've already got it on our bug tracker. We'll update here when we get it resolved.

Danny

As a very brief update to a secondary bug report about having issues with quoting (i.e. by clicking the reply button a post) - this should be resolved as part of this bug report. If not could you post in that thread and detail your issue? We'll keep this thread for the full site link issue :)

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No, that's working fine for me now, thanks :)

This should be resolved now - we've implemented (basic) redirection to almost all the touch site pages. Pages pose a little issue and we'll return to this one when we're working on touch again.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Hi was using the touch site on an iphone5 - ios 6.1.3 - safari

every time i press the full site button it redirects to the touch site, i cannot get onto the full site in safari.

• Advertisement

It should set a cookie on your browser that turns off the touch-site redirection - I'll take a look at why it might not be setting that cookie as soon as I can; thanks for the feedback

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

With me since the update it started sending me to the main page when I clicked 'view full site' (reported previously).
    Since todays fix it just sends me to the start of the thread I am on but stays on the Touch site.
    2.3 Opera.

I use the full site on my phone but I can't get onto it this morning, it keeps defaulting back to the touch site. Anything I'm doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

I am having the same issue since yesterday on my iphone5 .
    Even if I press view full site it still only shows Mobile site

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from Helpdesk.

I've found the opposite to be true now. If I attempt to open touch.boards.ie today, it redirects back to the full site, whereas yesterday it stayed there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for moving, nightmare trying to find my way around the touch site as I'm not used to it!!

Yeh when I click on full site it just brings me back to the top of the page.

I'll look at this in a few minutes - it's a very simple process to get you to the touch site and back to the full site and I don't know why some phones are having difficulties..

Can you tell me your phone model, browser version etc.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Working for me now. Just keep holding that wire in Danny ;-)

I was full sure I posted that info earlier Danny :confused:

Sorry about that.

Working for me now too though.

Grand stuff folks, cheers for the update. Marking as resolved but we'll leave this open for a while in case something else crops up :)

Danny

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So now if I open touch.boards.ie, it redirects to www.touch.boards.ie, which then redirects to www.boards.ie. Is this intended?

Please clear your cookies and try to visit the touch site. We have not messed with any routing for domains as a result of this fix.

Danny

It's the same, except now I'm not logged in.

Please open a separate bug report for tracking, I do not believe your issue to be related to this one.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement