Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey paint for hallway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Unfortunately we do not live near Dublin, it would be a long drive, we have a baby and toddler and my husband works weekends :( but thanks for the suggestion. Will try local paint shops again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

aquarius10 wrote: »
    Unfortunately we do not live near Dublin, it would be a long drive, we have a baby and toddler and my husband works weekends :( but thanks for the suggestion. Will try local paint shops again

No worries.

Dont worry...it will all come good for you.:)

Best Regards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Our hallway is Grey, every colour of grey was described by my missus as "Sort of a slatey grey" Broke me crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Hiya,

Have a look at these companies, I have found that that older style colours tend to have better grey tones. It's a nightmare trying to find a colour when you have your heart set on a specific shade

http://www.colortrend.ie/your-home/our-paints/historic-collection/paints/

http://www.anniesloan.com/acatalog/United_Kingdom.html

http://www.littlegreene.eu/paint/colour/show-all?limit=all
    French grey 113 or 163 or pearl colour 169

I have used the the Colourtrend Ivory Tusk on both wood and walls in various rooms around the house and it does look a different shade in each area and depending on the time of day.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I have tested the fleet wood match to F&B French grey and its very green - it does not look like the colour I wanted in the picture. Anymore colour ideas to match the colour in the picture ?

We tried several greys at home, including a tester of their Lamp Room Gray (No. 88).

The finish it gave was lighter than it appears on their website (which is naturally no substitute for testing it on your own walls). This particular grey appears very similar to that in the pic you posted. Depending on the changing light levels in the room throughout the day, it did take on a hint of blue. We wanted a darker & more definite grey but agreed Lamp Room was a great colour and would certainly look great in a hallway.

I still have the tester, so if you're anywhere near KK you're welcome to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Yamanoto wrote: »
    We tried several greys at home, including a tester of their Lamp Room Gray (No. 88).

The finish it gave was lighter than it appears on their website (which is naturally no substitute for testing it on your own walls). This particular grey appears very similar to that in the pic you posted. Depending on the changing light levels in the room throughout the day, it did take on a hint of blue. We wanted a darker & more definite grey but agreed Lamp Room was a great colour and would certainly look great in a hallway.

I still have the tester, so if you're anywhere near KK you're welcome to it.

Thanks for the offer of the tester but I'm in Kerry so will call into a shop tomorrow and have a look. It's very close to the colour in the picture. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭DublinDIYguy

I am trying to find a nice grey paint for a hallway - I'd like it look like the colour in the attached image - a pale grey, it even has a slight tint go green I think ? This is a new build and our stairs will be similar design and colour to that in photo also

http://homeklondike.com/2011/03/04/traditional-hallways-design-ideas/#.UWUQrcu9KSM

Has anyone painted a room where the colour looks like that in the picture, if so what's the brand and name colour/number.

Thanks in advance for any help

Dulux Delicate Willow, just looks grey in the colour chart but its in their greens section because it dries with a hint of green of it and slightly lighter than in their chart..
    I've used it before and think it could be the colour in your pic

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

Hi there,

We bought all the paint from these crowd for our new house from exterior to interior and including paint for the internal doors etc, they are nationwide. They can mix any colour, from any big brands charts, they can supply you with free samples and we saved a fortune.

http://www.johnstonestrade.com/colour.aspx

regards

Zeppi

Zeppi wrote: »
    Hi there,

We bought all the paint from these crowd for our new house from exterior to interior and including paint for the internal doors etc, they are nationwide. They can mix any colour, from any big brands charts, they can supply you with free samples and we saved a fortune.

http://www.johnstonestrade.com/colour.aspx

regards

Zeppi

Hi Zeppi,
    How many free samples did they supply you with? And was this before you had spent any money with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Colortrend have 1500 colours so you are bound to find one that matches with your picture! I saw an ad in the Gloss Interiors magazine for them that had a lovely Silver Moonlight colour on a hall & stairs that was lovely...

Here it is!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=446505028766050&set=a.432610213488865.1073741826.432609560155597&type=1&theater

• Advertisement

ColourTrend had a big stand and display at the Ideal Home Show in the RDS at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

Hi Zeppi,
    How many free samples did they supply you with? And was this before you had spent any money with them?

I didn't spent any money and we got about 8 different samples once decided we went back and bought all the paint for the whole house, as I said they are nice people to deal with and their quality is top class.

zeppi

I didn't spent any money and we got about 8 different samples once decided we went back and bought all the paint for the whole house, as I said they are nice people to deal with and their quality is top class.

zeppi

Nice one....something for nothing is allways good.:D

zeppi

It's about time a paint shop started offering their samples for free as its a good way to bring in more customers. And johnstones make good paint.
    I wonder are they doing this in all their paintshops. Which one did you go to Do you mind me asking?

Advertisement