Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neoprene cover to quieten a mod

Options
  • 10-04-2013 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Looking for a neoprene mod cover for my parkerhale as I'd like to make it as quite as possible on my hmr.
    I can't find one online to fit the parker hale so id like to know does anyone know where I can get 7inches of 1 inch neoprene hose, 1/4-1/2inch in thickness.
    I'm in Dublin.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Might be wrong here but I'm not sure the cover makes it any quieter. In relation to mods and covers I have usually heard deer stalkers wanting them to stop branches etc making noise when hitting off the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SeeZee

Might be wrong here but I'm not sure the cover makes it any quieter. In relation to mods and covers I have usually heard deer stalkers wanting them to stop branches etc making noise when hitting off the mod.

I have a cover on my stalking rifle mod to camo up the mod and stop branches making a "ding" if they tipped off it as you said. But i was happy to discover that there was a notable difference in report from my mod with a 10mm neoprene cover fitted snugly on it. I'm hoping for a similar reduction in noise on my hmr but well see what happens.
    I can only find bulk orders of the hose online but if anyone works with this materail or can guide me to where I can get a short lenght of it that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

FWIW ,try a surf or scuba diving shop.
    They somtimes have patch kits and lengths of neoprene and the glue for wet suit repair.You could custom make your own sleeve if need be.Only thing is you might be limited to just one colour,black,as most wet suits are high viz colours.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    FWIW ,try a surf or scuba diving shop.
    They somtimes have patch kits and lengths of neoprene and the glue for wet suit repair.You could custom make your own sleeve if need be.Only thing is you might be limited to just one colour,black,as most wet suits are high viz colours.

Ill look into that. Black would be grand. I could always use Camo tape on it. If I got the glue I could alter a standard mod cover. A lenght of hose would be the job tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

SeeZee wrote: »
    Looking for a neoprene mod cover for my parkerhale as I'd like to make it as quite as possible on my hmr.
    I can't find one online to fit the parker hale so id like to know does anyone know where I can get 7inches of 1 inch neoprene hose, 1/4-1/2inch in thickness.
    I'm in Dublin.
    Thanks

Why not just buy another neoprene cover, take out the stitches and cut/ stitch it back down to the size you need

Why not just buy another neoprene cover, take out the stitches and cut/ stitch it back down to the size you need

That's prob what ill end up doing but it would be handier if I could get a bit of hose

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

http://www.jackpyke.co.uk/search/neoprene-barrel-cover-single.aspx

Cut off as much as you need... Works a treat

Advertisement