Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire.

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what was/is on fire up Easkey/Skreen direction? I was looking across Ballisodare Bay from Culleenamore Beach last night and saw the flames. From the distance I was away from it, and the width of the fire on the horizon, I'm estimating it to be several kilometres wide?

I know there was gorse fires reported in Sligo Today but didn't think this was in the same direction, if so, this is burning for a couple of days now.

Also the fact that it seems to be deliberate is a disgrace. Makes me wonder is it arson or just a fire started to burn gorse by a farmer/landowner that got out of hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There was a big fire up near Lough Talt last Wednesday, which is in the general direction of where you would have been looking at. I drove up to the lough for look that night. Not sure how long it burned for, but there is no property in that area so it was probaly left to burn itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Geevagh mountain went on fire last night from what I gather on facebook reports. Was still burning at 2am.

Advertisement