Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surveyor - Dublin 2/4

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi! I am looking to buy an apartment unit in the Dublin 2/4 area. I just wanted to ask if you can recommend any surveyor. Hopefully a reputable and a good one. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

I'm a surveyor myself but not residential. Owen Reilly would be the best IMO in terms of Apartments in the docklands and the D2 area, particularly newer stuff he knows the market inside out. You can find a full list of surveyors on the SCSI website www.scsi.ie
    Hi! I am looking to buy an apartment unit in the Dublin 2/4 area. I just wanted to ask if you can recommend any surveyor. Hopefully a reputable and a good one. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Peter McSweeney, http://www.propertyhealthcheck.ie/, used him personally a month ago. Very impressed, got the report a day later so fairly quick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

thanks for this Kennyb3. Just one question it is really standard procedure to get a survey done when you have put the downpayment already? How do you know how much to bid for the apartment without knowing if there are internal issues? I find that a bit odd. Thanks!

thanks for this Kennyb3. Just one question it is really standard procedure to get a survey done when you have put the downpayment already? How do you know how much to bid for the apartment without knowing if there are internal issues? I find that a bit odd. Thanks!

You can get a survey done before or after your offer is acceptable (assuming getting one done before is okay with the seller). The reason people don't do it before is

a) the cost - about €385. And if you're offer is beaten thne your out of pocket

b) the offer is made subject to survey - so if the survey throws up issues after your offer is accepted you just go back and re-negotiate the price downwards.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    You can get a survey done before or after your offer is acceptable (assuming getting one done before is okay with the seller). The reason people don't do it before is

a) the cost - about €385. And if you're offer is beaten thne your out of pocket

b) the offer is made subject to survey - so if the survey throws up issues after your offer is accepted you just go back and re-negotiate the price downwards.

Again, thanks for your reply. Is the valuation from the bank supposed to come first before the survey? before putting down the deposit? Basically in the process where does the valuation come in?

• Advertisement

Again, thanks for your reply. Is the valuation from the bank supposed to come first before the survey? before putting down the deposit? Basically in the process where does the valuation come in?

Offer accepted - valuation - survey

In that order

One more question, who pays for the stamp duty? The buyer or the seller? Thanks!

One more question, who pays for the stamp duty? The buyer or the seller? Thanks!

It's worrying you don't know that much!

PS It's the buyer of course

Advertisement