Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Webmail

Options
  • 10-04-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I was in a friends house last night & his daughter was trying to send an email with a Word doc attachment but it would not allow her to attach the Word doc. She opened a new email, clicked on the attachment icon (paper clip) the window popped up with the option to browse to the file she wanted to attach but nothing happened when she clicked the button to locate the file. Tried it numerous times but nothing. She uses Outlook Webmail. Any ideas as to what might me causing this?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Outlook Web App and Google Chrome?

A friend had the same problem, try upgrading MS Silverlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Outlook Web App and Firefox.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

This too may be related to Silverlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Torqay wrote: »
    This too may be related to Silverlight.

Yep, I will update Silverlight next time I'm out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi friend,
    It is good if you would be able to remove existing attachment problem after updating silverlight. However, it is true that it is one of possible reason to get failure with attachment uploading. Apart from this one cause, PST size also hits Outlook application with Outcome of eratic behaviour in Outlook.

If you still unable to resolve this problem yet then it might be associated with PST issues. At this stage, splitting PST file a great step for you.

For reference, you can see an useful resource at :
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/137886507/pst-file-splitter-%E2%80%93-a-way-to-summarize-and-manage-outlook-data-effectively

Regards :
    Jane

• Advertisement
Advertisement