Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching back to eircom, quick question.

Options
  • 10-04-2013 10:35am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what time frame im looking at for eircom to activate my broadband?
    Long story but ive cancelled sky and ordered eircom NGB up to 24mb last Friday.
    I havent heard anything yet either by email,phone,text etc.
    They did say 3-5 working days, could someone please check if everything is still on track?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dcully wrote: »
    Just wondering what time frame im looking at for eircom to activate my broadband?
    Long story but ive cancelled sky and ordered eircom NGB up to 24mb last Friday.
    I havent heard anything yet either by email,phone,text etc.
    They did say 3-5 working days, could someone please check if everything is still on track?
    Hi Dcully

I've looked into this and I can see that your line has returned to eircom today and I can also confirm your broadband should return within six working days.

The proceedure is that the line returns first within 3-5 working days and broadband then returns within 10 days of the line returning to eircom. I have advised you of six working days as this is the new average timeframe as to when broadband comes back after the line has come back.

Regards

Al

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for that Alan.

Im guessing eircom will send out a new modem?

Thanks for that Alan.

Im guessing eircom will send out a new modem?
    Hi Dcully

I've checked this order and a new modem included is not inlcluded however a €30 once off discount will apply where a new modem is not included.

Regards

Al

Well can i use the sky hub or a bog standard eircom one that i got from eircom a few years back?
    I asked the lady that took my order to send out a new modem, i assumed i needed one?

Well can i use the sky hub or a bog standard eircom one that i got from eircom a few years back?
    I asked the lady that took my order to send out a new modem, i assumed i needed one?

Hi Dcully

The older eircom modem will work however when the broadband returns to eircom we will be able to send a new zyxel router. Unfortunately we will need to wait until the broadband is back so if you would like to get in touch with me here to arrange this next week I will be happy to assist.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Dcully

The older eircom modem will work however when the broadband returns to eircom we will be able to send a new zyxel router. Unfortunately we will need to wait until the broadband is back so if you would like to get in touch with me here to arrange this next week I will be happy to assist.

Regards

Al

Thanks again, ill be in touch once the broadband returns.

Thanks again, ill be in touch once the broadband returns.
    No worries Dcully

Al

Hi Alan, just wondering could you send out a modem please, just thinking i should really have it for when the broadband is activated.
    Waiting until its active to then contact you is delaying things surely?

Hi Alan, just wondering could you send out a modem please, just thinking i should really have it for when the broadband is activated.
    Waiting until its active to then contact you is delaying things surely?

Hi Dcully

It would not be possible to place an order for a modem for you until you have eircom broadband, however either of the two modems you have previously referenced or the modem that was replaced last march should work until then.

Regards

Al

It just seems strange that they dont automatically send out one, a friend of mine in the same scenario as me ordered today and the lady said he would get a modem soon.
    When i ordered last wek i was told the same but after speaking to you here you say there is no order for modem, i dont understand why not.

If the older ones work then cool but its hardly fair to sign for broadband and phone and be expected to use old gear i decided to hold onto.

• Advertisement

It just seems strange that they dont automatically send out one, a friend of mine in the same scenario as me ordered today and the lady said he would get a modem soon.
    When i ordered last wek i was told the same but after speaking to you here you say there is no order for modem, i dont understand why not.

If the older ones work then cool but its hardly fair to sign for broadband and phone and be expected to use old gear i decided to hold onto.
    Hi Dcully

It's usually the case that you are asked if you would like a €30 credit or free modem. I have looked into your order and I can see that the option for the €30 has been selected and not the option for the new modem however It seems as you were not informed on this which is why you will receive both the €30 and a new modem.

I apologise for the errors and inconvenience that has occured however I would also like to advise you that had a new modem been issued with your order the modem would not be sent from eircom until the broadband is active with eircom.

Regards

Al

Thatts grand ,thanks for prompt replies Alan

Thatts grand ,thanks for prompt replies Alan
    No problem Dcully

Al

Hi folks, ive heard nothing about my broadband yet, will be two weeks this coming Friday since i placed my order, can someone please check up on a possible date?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eoghanoh

Hi Dcully,

Was on the phone this morning with Vodafone tech. I'm syncing at 15mbps on the Monasterevin exchange (I upgraded last week) which is good, but I wanted to push it higher. I asked, and my profile is set to 15mbps. I asked them to set it higher to see what the line and equipment could actually handle rather than what they thought it could handle. They phoned me back about 2 hours ago to say they have been in contact with Eircom and Eircom have told them that no matter how high they set the profile it won't make a difference to the speed because the cards that have been installed in the exchange are only 15mbps cards.

Jut thought you might want to know this before you sign up to a contract, and also wanted to tell you as a thanks, because it was from you that I found out the exchange had been upgraded in the first place. (Disappointed it's only 15mbps capable though).

BTW, in speedtest.net I'm getting about 13mbps which is expected given headers etc, and a 0.6mbps upload.

I'd be interested to know what you get once you're connected.

Eoghan.

Thanks for that Eoghan, 15mb is what i was quoted too, why the hell do they say up to 24mb then?
    Ive signed up to a contract but this seems like false advertising, why should i pay for up to 24mb yet eircom only install 15mb cards?

More to the point, any chance a rep could see when i can expect to be activated please?

Eoghan , when did you place your order ?
    Mine was Friday the 5th, almost 2 weeks ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks for that Eoghan, 15mb is what i was quoted too, why the hell do they say up to 24mb then?
    Ive signed up to a contract but this seems like false advertising, why should i pay for up to 24mb yet eircom only install 15mb cards?

More to the point, any chance a rep could see when i can expect to be activated please?

Mine was Friday the 5th, almost 2 weeks ago

Hi Dcully,

eircom need to have set perimeters for broadband packages.

Although broadband speed can be affected by line. distance or exchange factors, we have the "up to 24"MB packages for standard and NGB packages. For customers who line qualifies for more than 12MB (capability). So if they want a higher speed they have the option to chose that package.

Thanks, Mark

Id prefer if you could look into my order please Mark.
    Im waiting on some rep to respond so i can forward my number if they dont already have.

Ill see whats what once i get activated.
    I live a stones throw from the exchange so i expect very good speeds.

Hi Dcully,

eircom need to have set perimeters for broadband packages.

Although broadband speed can be affected by line. distance or exchange factors, we have the "up to 24"MB packages for standard and NGB packages. For customers who line qualifies for more than 12MB (capability). So if they want a higher speed they have the option to chose that package.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really clarify anything to be honest.  It sounds like a canned statement.

Could you please clarify whether or not the Monasterevin exchange has 24mbps boards, whether it just has 15mbps boards, or whether there is a combination of both?  If 24mbps is available to Eircom customers, is it also available to other operators from the same exchange e.g. Vodafone, or are any 24mbps cards reserved for Eircom customers?

Sorry Dcully, not meaning to hijack your thread, just want Mark to clarify his response.

Thanks,
    Eoghan.

Mine was Friday the 5th, almost 2 weeks ago :(

I placed my order at 8pm on the 9th of April. My speed was upgraded by 10am the next morning.

• Advertisement

eoghanoh wrote: »
    I placed my order at 8pm on the 9th of April. My speed was upgraded by 10am the next morning.

Thanks Eoghan, that was swift indeed.
    I hope I get info here today about mine and it better be activated ASAP, there is absolutely no reason why a returning customer should be waiting 2 weeks.

Okay im just off the phone to eircom and now they are telling me 25th of this month before im activated.
    I was told 6-10 days by eircom on this forum, i rang Monday and was told i will be active this Thursday ie tomorrow.
    When i placed my order i was told 3 days max.

I asked the lady i spoke to who quoted the 25th as activation date if i could have this in writing sicne im getting conflicting dates and she said she would forward it via email, im still waiting on this email.

Thats four different dates given.
    Im sorry but this is totally unacceptable.
    Why cant i be given an honest difinitive 100% answer?
    Its probably no coincidence either that as of yet the reps here have not answered my query.
    Why does broadband take so long yet the phone line took 3-4 days?

Can a rep please get onto this ASAP, im getting seriously annoyed at being messed around yet again by eircom.

I want a definite date please or i will be cancelling my order.

Anyone?
    I asked for an activation date @ 15:32 yesterday yet nobody has responded to a simple request.
    The reps have been on many times and have responded to others.

What is going on?

eoghanoh wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really clarify anything to be honest.  It sounds like a canned statement.

Could you please clarify whether or not the Monasterevin exchange has 24mbps boards, whether it just has 15mbps boards, or whether there is a combination of both?  If 24mbps is available to Eircom customers, is it also available to other operators from the same exchange e.g. Vodafone, or are any 24mbps cards reserved for Eircom customers?

Sorry Dcully, not meaning to hijack your thread, just want Mark to clarify his response.

Thanks,
    Eoghan.

Hi Eoghan,

I apologise if if the post came across as a canned statement however it is the correct information.

If you would like to PM me with your address I cabn check look into it for you as much as I can. However I will only be able to comet on existing eircom customers broadband service in the area.

However I can not give any indication regarding service / speed or packages available with other telecommunications companies.

Thanks, Mark

Im trying to be extremely patient here guys but when people are getting answers left right and center yet i seem to be overlooked its incredibly frustrating.

Surely an expected date of broadband activation isnt too hard to come by?

Im trying to be extremely patient here guys but when people are getting answers left right and center yet i seem to be overlooked its incredibly frustrating.

Surely an expected date of broadband activation isnt too hard to come by?

Hi dcully,

Apologies removed the post. A complete human error on my part.

Sorry.

Thanks, Mark

Hi dcully,

We received an updated NGB provisional roll out list for 2013 on the 16/04/13. There is still no indication as to when the Monasterevan exchange will be NGB enabled.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Dcully

I would like to assure you that your exchange is indeed NGB enabled.

I shall contact you to discuss this.

Thanks

Al

Thanks Alan for contacting me and clearing things up, very much appreciated!

Thanks Alan for contacting me and clearing things up, very much appreciated!
    No worries Dcully

I'll be in touch with you here later this afternoon to give you an update on your broadband order.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, something happening my end.
    Broadband went down and came back but im only syncing @8.1 mbps on both the sky and old eircom router.
    However the light for "internet" is red on the eircom router.
    Ran a speed test with sky router as its the only one actually letting me online and its saying im on esat ,ie same as sky so it seems im still on sky?
    ALso seems im set to the NGB 8mb profile and not the up to 24mb that i ordered?

2653590816.png

Advertisement