Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching back to eircom, quick question.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Okay im online now with old eircom zyxel modem but only synced @ 8.1 mbps :(

2653630844.png

see attatchment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dcully wrote: »
    Okay im online now with old eircom zyxel modem but only synced @ 8.1 mbps

see attatchment
    Hi Dcully

I'll investigate this now and get back to you soon.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Hi Dcully,

Like yourself I am a returning Eircom customer from Sky. I had my line Eircom enabled last week but still waiting on the broadband to be enabled. I am watching your experience closely. Very interested to see if your speed holds night and day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Hi Dcully,

Like yourself I am a returning Eircom customer from Sky. I had my line Eircom enabled last week but still waiting on the broadband to be enabled. I am watching your experience closely. Very interested to see if your speed holds night and day.

Hi ClonNGB,

We have the business account details logged for you from previous cases.

Can you PM the details for your transfer order to confirm.

Thanks, Mark

It should be fine as its uncontended.
    Still on 8mb though,seems there was a mistake made with my order for up to 24mb and they put me on 8mb.
    eircom Alan rang me this morning to explain the error and is on the case to see me increased to what i ordered.
    In fairness Alan has been excellent with this issue.

• Advertisement

It should be fine as its uncontended.
    Still on 8mb though,seems there was a mistake made with my order for up to 24mb and they put me on 8mb.
    eircom Alan rang me this morning to explain the error and is on the case to see me increased to what i ordered.
    In fairness Alan has been excellent with this issue.

Hi Dcully

Thanks for your kind feedback, I'll keep in touch with you on this.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Guys, can I hijack a bit and ask why your moving away from Sky? They've only recently opened up their broadband here and i'm surprised that people are moving away so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Guys, can I hijack a bit and ask why your moving away from Sky? They've only recently opened up their broadband here and i'm surprised that people are moving away so quickly.
    Goto the broadband forum, there are huge number of complaints about Sky boradband.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Goto the broadband forum, there are huge number of complaints about Sky boradband.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259
    Wow. I had been thinking of moving, but i think i'll wait. Roll on Fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Hi Dcully,

Like yourself I have returned from Sky and selected the 24Mb Ultimate package and was also put on the 8Mb package for some unknown reason. A lot of confusion within Eircom ensued, even told my Exchange doesn't support anything more than 8Mb (I already have a separate 12Mb line to the exchange for business use!). To cut a long story short, they have now switched me to the 24Mb package. The line pre-qual indicated I should get 20Mb but I am getting 15-16. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about that. I will check this evening to see if the speed holds and also if I can access Apple TV movies, which I couldn't with Sky. All in all quite hopeful that it has worked out in the end. Thank-you Mark from Eircom for helping me as well.

2659968857.png

• Advertisement

Well im still on 8mb, eircom Alan told me he is on the case and would ring me @ 10:30 on Friday morning about this but it never happened.
    Id rather deal with Alan because anytime i rang support they gave me differing info, the latest telling me my bb wont be active until 25th yet i am active since Thursday.
    As of right now im none the wiser as to when i will get up to 24mb activated.

What i will say is eircom 8mb package is vastly superior to sky 7mb package.
    For example ingame pings with eircom are 20-25 and i can watch youtube @ 1080 
    With sky ingame pings were 45+ and i couldnt watch 720 vids without buffering.

Thats a hell of a difference between practically identical packages.

Fingers crossed eircom get onto my case and deliver what i ordered back on the 5th of this month :(

How long did it take eircom to correct things for you ClonNGB?
    I really hope this is sorted by tomorrow,its getting frustrating now.

Well im still on 8mb, eircom Alan told me he is on the case and would ring me @ 10:30 on Friday morning about this but it never happened.
    Id rather deal with Alan because anytime i rang support they gave me differing info, the latest telling me my bb wont be active until 25th yet i am active since Thursday.

Fingers crossed eircom get onto my case and deliver what i ordered back on the 5th of this month

Hi Dcully,

I'll look into this and get back to you shortly,

Apologies for the delays

Al

Thanks Alan,pretty frustrating at the moment being honest.

Fingers crossed eircom get onto my case and deliver what i ordered back on the 5th of this month

Hi Dcully

I do apologies for the delay, I had been initially informed that this wouldbe done before the weekend just passed however upon contacting broadband operations I have been furthermore informed that an upgrade was attempted however it wasdiscovered that an eircom technician is required to upgrade your port in the exchange and this is the reason why the forecast date has been extended to the 26th of this month.

I have informed operations of the delay and inconvenience this has causedyou and I have requested for this task to be escalated however I have not been guaranteed any particular date of completion before the 26th and as I don't want to mislead you on this I can only assure you that I will try my best to have this done as soon as possible.
    Regards

Al

Thanks Alan, you have done your part but its bad form especially for a returning customer.

Thanks Alan, you have done your part but its bad form especially for a returning customer.
    Hi Dcully

I understand, I'll do my best to get this resolved as soon as possible,

Al

Hi Alan can i have a modem sent out please?
    Still using an old eircom one at the moment.

Hi Alan can i have a modem sent out please?
    Still using an old eircom one at the moment.
    Hi Dcully

I've arranged this already (on friday) and the average lead time on the delivery of this is up to 5 working days so I'm guessing it should be with you soon.

Regards

Al

Much appreciated Alan

Much appreciated Alan

No bother Dcully

I'm still awaiting feedback as to when the upgrade will be completed, I'll be in touch with you later hopefully.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Much appreciated Alan

Hi Dcully

The upgrade has completed and I can now see that your speeds are synced at up to 15mb. Have you received the modem yet?

Al

Hi Alan,I  havent had a chance to check things out until now and yes im synced ;[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]15360 kbps/765 kbps and all seems well here.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can i just bring you back to this post [/font]

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84175725&postcount=1

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It does infact seem eircom have installed 15mbps cards in the exchange.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Comparing my stats via a guide online i should be good for close to 18mbps but if there is only 15mbps cards at the exchange i just feel im paying for more than im getting.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now i understand the way packages work etc but surely up to 24 mb with 15mb cards being used isnt right?[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I also understand im getting into matters out of your control here but it just seems a tad odd to me.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Overall im more than happy to be getting 15mb after so many years waiting and pushing eircom as best i could,make no mistake im chuffed atlast.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Finally is the NGB ultimate package that im on truely uncontended?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks a lot for your assistance throughout.[/font]

Edit : i dont know what happened text there

Hi Alan,I havent had a chance to check things out until now and yes im synced @ 15360 kbps/765 kbps and all seems well here.

Can i just bring you back to this post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84175725&postcount=1

It does infact seem eircom have installed 15mbps cards in the exchange.
    Comparing my stats via a guide online i should be good for close to 18mbps but if there is only 15mbps cards at the exchange i just feel im paying for more than im getting.
    Now i understand the way packages work etc but surely up to 24 mb with 15mb cards being used isnt right?
    I also understand im getting into matters out of your control here but it just seems a tad odd to me.

Overall im more than happy to be getting 15mb after so many years waiting and pushing eircom as best i could,make no mistake im chuffed atlast.
    Finally is the NGB ultimate package that im on truely uncontended?

Thanks a lot for your assistance throughout.

Edit : i dont know what happened text there

Hi Dcully

I'm very happy to hear that your speeds are displayed as being synced at 15360kbps.

I'm afraid I'm not aware of what eoghanoh is referring to about the 15mb cards and I'm unable to discuss this or advise on this as we operate this eircom representation on boards.ie to provide support, assistance and help as best we can and we are unable to advise on what technical process and procedure eircom engineers may follow. I don't mean to come across as evasive to your questioning on the technical process and I would like to assure you that it has been confirmed that the max your line is up to 15mb.

The best description I can offer on Next Generation Broadband is thatNGB provides a consistent broadband experience, with faster speeds and no congestion, Day or night.

I'm sorry I couldn't answer all your questions but I'm glad to be ofassistance in relation to your queries over the past few weeks. If indeed you want to find out more on what eoghanoh is referringto and to find out more on if the service is truly uncontended then the best advice I can offer is to contact eircom broadband support on 1890260260 to see if they can shed more light on this subject.

Kind regards

Al

Thanks Alan I understand your point, as i said im aware its out of your control.
    Thanks again for you help,its been invaluable and you kept me in the loop throughout.

Thanks Alan I understand your point, as i said im aware its out of your control.
    Thanks again for you help,its been invaluable and you kept me in the loop throughout.
    Thanks Dcully

I really appreciate your positive feedback

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

:D:p:eek::cool::mad::(:):P:):):):pac:

all the different emotions Dcully went through lol !!

Advertisement