Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Min system requirements

Options
  • 10-04-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Ive been trying to use the site oddschecker.com to keep an eye on realtime odds movements which works fine on my PC here in work but when I get home my laptop doesnt update the odds in realtime and I have to refresh the page which defeats the purpose. Without knowing how it was coded its difficult to figure out what exactly Im missing on my laptop thats breaking it. Ive compared my .Net, java, silverlight and flashplayer versions on both and they are all the same. Ive tried different browsers but its still the same.

Ive emailed the site to see about what it could be but its taking ages to get a response. Ive no experience with web development so I dont know what it could be apart from the obvious things ive already checked so if someone with a bit more experience can take a quick look at the site and point me in a direction that I have missed that would be awesome. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭blindasfcuk

Ok so I found something about dynamic data not refreshing on pages and changing the browser settings to check automatically for new pages but still no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Is everything not being done on a server? In which case it doesn't really matter what the spec of the PC is. Is there much of a difference in connection speeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

probably better of in computers and technology forum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Tow

How fast is 'Real time'. My bother in law is big into spread betting and found that the extra latency when using a wireless network be a problem.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved from Development

• Advertisement
Advertisement