Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing over bank accounts - problem with signature

Options
  • 10-04-2013 11:52am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am in the process of changing my main bank account from yourselves to Ulster Bank. I filled in the UB Account Changeover Form which was to to go BoI to change all of my Direct Debits and Standing Orders over to the new account in one go. However UB called me yesterday to inform me that BoI have refused the change as the signature they have on file does not match the signature on the form. Not surprising since I opened that account about 17 years ago! 

I called Banking365 yesterday about this and was transferred from one person to another to a third where I was instructed to leave a voicemail. No call returned yet.

Is there anything else I can do/should be doing? This is now a matter of urgency before any more DDs are missed due to all my wages being in the new account! 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi miamee,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear we are losing your business and that your account switch has not gone as smoothly as expected.  You would be best to call into any branch of BOI, with photo id, to update the signature we hold on file. After this has been done UB can then send another request  for the direct debit and standing order details.

Thanks
    Tara

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks Tara, I will do that today or tomorrow.

Advertisement