Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB advantage account fees

Options
  • 10-04-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I just got a letter in the door about this fee free current account for over 60's. Is it just in branch transactions that are fee free? Or are ATM and debit card transactions free too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its basically the free banking we used to have, my parents have it.

You only pay for overdraft, missed DD etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

My friend also got a letter, telling him that they are transferring his savings account to this account. This seems to be a current account though. It's his rainy day money and he's not happy. He wants a plain old savings account without bells and whistles or cards. The option is close the account or accept their terms. Any advice? He doesn't trust current accounts because of the overdraft possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

My friend also got a letter, telling him that they are transferring his savings account to this account. This seems to be a current account though. It's his rainy day money and he's not happy. He wants a plain old savings account without bells and whistles or cards. The option is close the account or accept their terms. Any advice? He doesn't trust current accounts because of the overdraft possibilities.
    He should open a proper savings account and get some interest. Check out http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=90481

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

murphaph wrote: »
    He should open a proper savings account and get some interest. Check out http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=90481

That's th issue he has a savings account and they want to turn it into a current account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

That's th issue he has a savings account and they want to turn it into a current account.
    I dare say his "savings" account attracts woeful interest. Better to open a proper demand or term deposit account.

The Cashsave accounts (I had one) that were converted to current accounts had puny interest even when rates were much higher.

Look at KBC (more traditional, limited internet banking, prefer to deal with you by post/telephone) or Nationwide UK Ireland.

It might only be a couple of hundred interest a year but it's better than nothing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement