Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a clean licence all that important?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭

Howdy, I've noticed a lot of jobs lately are looking for people with a full clean licence, now pardon the stupid question but is all that important to have?

I have 2 on mine which as regrettable as they are, i've learned my lesson

So say you're in a job with your clean licence and you get done for speeding? then what? Basically I'm asking can employers give a little sway or do they just put this up and that's that?

Again sorry for the stupid questions but it's been annoying me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

It would be important for me - you may be driving one of my vehicles, which I insure. I would like to think my drivers won't be increasing my premiums or be generating fines for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Clean licence" typically refers to endorsements on the licence, not penalty points.

Drivers with endorsements for drink driving, etc, are typically not covered on company policies by default, but penalty points are. Apply for the job and if they ask about the licence, just mention that you've two points and they'll probably say, "Ah that's grand".

Advertisement