Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-activating Eircom Broadband

• 10-04-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭

I moved house last week and am trying to bring my Vodafone broadband with me as I've 9mths left on my contract. I called VF to do this but they realised there was still an active line at the new address. I found the latest eircom bill that was sent to the address and armed with that I called eircom. As it was still active I was told to get a letter from the landlord stating that I was the new tenant and the person that was being billed had moved.
    I got that posted by express delivery last Thursday up to Eircom head office. I'm disappointed as I've heard nothing back from them and the line is still active. I have to say I'm more than disappointed with eircom's customer service.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

Is the line switched on for broadband as well?? And if you are staying with VF should VF contact Eircom on your behalf? Was there money outstanding on the bill?

You have to keep nagging them, I know its a pain but otherwise you will be left on the long finger.

check with VF first as they may have an escalation process.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This happens a lot...who was the provider for the previous tenant ( dial 198000 to see , they must release the line)

Advertisement