Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massively dizzy and light headed after run

Options
  • 10-04-2013 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently doing the couch to 5k app at the moment. Today, I ran for a full 25 mins. By the end of it though, I was incredibly dizzy and light headed and had a detached feeling. I sat down for about 30 secs just to regain myself.

That was 2 hours ago and I still feel pretty bad. I'm wondering can anyone shed some light on why this is?

Before my run, I drank 2 pints of water and had a glass of milk with protein isolate powder. After my run, I had 2 eggs on wholemeal bread and 2 more pints of water.

I'd appreciate some feedback as this feels quite uncomfortable. Am I not hydrated enough? Am I eating the wrong foods etc? Thanks.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

You should drink lots of water before running as well. I always make sure I drink a good bit in the lead up to my run. Failure to do so can result in what are you going through and you can also get at stitch as well.

Maybe go lay down for a bit and see if you can take a nap to let yourself recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Thanks a million. I do think that it's probably dehydration. I'm lying down now. God, i'm such a lightweight!! ha ha:pac:

Thanks for taking the time to post.;)

Advertisement