Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to sell vinyl 12" singles?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

After clearing out an attic I found around 120 12" vinyl pop singles from the 80's in a record case.

I was just wondering if they were worth anything and if so where would be the best place in Dublin to sell them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Rage on Fade Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Cheers thanks.

Does anyone know a ball park figure I could possibly get for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Last lot I sold (albums) averaged about €3.50 I think. I think if you email a list they will give you an idea.
    Raekwon wrote: »
    Cheers thanks.

Does anyone know a ball park figure I could possibly get for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

1980s chart 12"s - about €1.50 each.

Any chance of a list?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

A list would take far too long to write but there was lots of Queen, Madonna, Prince, Duran Duran, Kate Bush and Wham! then other less popular singles from Sister Sledge, Banarama and Shakin' Stevens etc.

I was offered €30 in cash or €42 in store credit for around 70 of the singles. I sold the lot for €50 cash. I probably could of got alot more but they were destined for the skip after the attic clear out so it's €50 more then I would of had if I hadn't of saved them.

Reading this thread now though I'm kind of sorry that I didn't go tomorrow instead and hold out for more money. D'oh!

EDIT: Sorry, I'm such an idiot, they were all 7" singles not 12" singles.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Records almost always sell for more individually. It's more effort but more money.

Advertisement