Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student contribution fee

• 10-04-2013 1:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45

Is this something we have to pay, or does the government pay for it? What's it supposed to be for? It's new too, isn't it? So now there's the contribution fee and the registration fee? And both are about €2500

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Is this something we have to pay, or does the government pay for it? What's it supposed to be for? It's new too, isn't it? So now there's the contribution fee and the registration fee? And both are about €2500

Yes it's something you have to pay unless you get a grant Off the government. it pays towards running the courses your doing, paying salaries etc. It's been around for years it's just been getting bigger ever year, 6 years ago it was under 1000 now it 2,250 per year. and I think you mean the capitaction fee which is 155, this goes towards all the services in UCC like the societies students union and the mardyke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

you seemed to already know the answer before even asking the question. ofcourse you pay it. its in the title, student contribution (contribution being a nice way to say charges up the ass)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Jaysus, when I started in UCC in 2003 the student contribution fee was less than 700 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Jaysus, when I started in UCC in 2003 the student contribution fee was less than 700 quid.

lets not start. we all know were on the titanic. lets just playi our sweet violins to the bitter end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm just glad it's not my problem. If I was 10 years younger I wouldn't have been able to go to college at all. I think my student contribution fees over 4 years were less than 3000.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 barbarasummers

I still dont know where this money is going? Are the professors demanding more money? I can understand why the registration fees are going up, because the government are paying less, but this I don't get

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I still dont know where this money is going? Are the professors demanding more money? I can understand why the registration fees are going up, because the government are paying less, but this I don't get

I honestly can't tell if you are serious or not. What money don't you get - the student contribution of €2,250 or the €155 you have to pay?

Advertisement