Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 33 Captain Poll

• 10-04-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I know he has only got 1 goal in his last 8 games but i will be giving the armband to RVP this week.

Gameweek 33 Captain Poll 117 votes

Santi Cazorla (Norwich Home) (Everton Home)
    0%
    Olivier Giroud (Norwich Home) (Everton Home)
    55%
    uRbaNrock whoreFitzerProrycJoeyjoejoe43BinkabillymitchellcdevGLaDOSronan.hmiller82Grid.tom_kFutureGuymoreauDearg81builttospillNabyLadisthemanWoollyRedHatsandt 65 votes
    Dimitar Berbatov (Aston Villa Away) (Chelsea Home)
    4%
    callaway92Pool4LifeLiam Ocaddy16jolim24601 5 votes
    Leighton Baines (OPR Home) (Arsenal Away)
    2%
    PWEImailburnerSteelyDanJalapeno 3 votes
    Marouane Fellaini (OPR Home) (Arsenal Away)
    0%
    Robin Van Persie (Stoke Away) (West Ham Away)
    5%
    the whole year innFeeder-splatto-DeviaEasy RodDietsquirtNN215 7 votes
    Wayne Rooney (Stoke Away) (West Ham Away)
    25%
    dave13TirielPOKERKINGRikandRoonboxcarlopSideshow MarkInvinciblekeane2097SlickRicOwlsZat8-10manual_mandavemckenna25prettyboy81Ray vonCSFEl Horseboxobuyer95richieffff 30 votes
    Christian Benteke (Fulham Home)
    1%
    Scorpion Stingdanbrosnan 2 votes
    Luis Suarez (Reading Away)
    0%
    Steven Gerrard (Reading Away)
    3%
    machiavellianmetteknulpSwarlezcrazy8 4 votes
    Loic Remy (Everton Away)
    0%
    Rickie Lambert (West Ham Home)
    0%
    Jay Rodriguez (West Ham Home)
    0%
    Papiss Cisse (Sunderland Home)
    0%
    Moussa Sissoko (Sunderland Home)
    0%
    David Silva (Wigan Home)
    0%
    Carlos Tevez (Wigan Home)
    0%
    Sergio Aguero (Wigan Home)
    0%
    NightStrike 1 vote
    Other
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Do you plan on adding a poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Leighton Baines (OPR Home) (Arsenal Away)
    Fellaini or Berbatov

Poll needs a poll

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Patience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

maybe Walcott if I think nearer the time he'll play both matches. Carzola for now though

REALLY hope Walcott doesn't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Going with Carzola

Tempted by RVP but put off by:

1. his poor form (and utd, only in the attacking sense compared to start of season)
    2. Both games away compared to Ars with two home games, I hardly ever pick away captains
    3. I expect Carzola to be picked 40% + , I am top of private leagues so makes sense to go with most popular

Slight concern that Carzola has a tendency to assist the assiter if you know what I mean:D, but I don't see an alternative as Walcott is uncertain.

Those desperate for differential will be looking at Fellaini or Baines I would think, but they are decent shouts anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

moreau wrote: »
    Going with Carzola

Tempted by RVP but put off by:

1. his poor form (and utd, only in the attacking sense compared to start of season)
    2. Both games away compared to Ars with two home games, I hardly ever pick away captains
    3. I expect Carzola to be picked 40% + , I am top of private leagues so makes sense to go with most popular

for all the above reasons Im also slightly favouring cazorla at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

What does everyone think if gervinho? He has hit form and I am thinking the Wenger has to start him now with the run in for the top three... A couple of assists and goals in the last three games....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Why did Walcott not make the cut? Do people not reckon he will make both games this week?? I'll be going with Cazorla anyhow because i dont have Walcott anymore but if i did i would probably lump it on him and hoe for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Why did Walcott not make the cut? Do people not reckon he will make both games this week?? I'll be going with Cazorla anyhow because i dont have Walcott anymore but if i did i would probably lump it on him and hoe for the best!
    I left him out of the poll as his fitness is an issue and he was not guaranteed to play both games. I probably should have put him in but some people were complaining last week when there was too many in the poll for their liking.

Hard to win on here sometimes. :)

• Advertisement

Bar Suarez I would be amazed if anyone even considers anyone else without a DGW. Even if Walcott doesn't start he's ahead of 50% of the poll!

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I left him out of the poll as his fitness is an issue and he was not guaranteed to play both games. I probably should have put him in but some people were complaining last week when there was too many in the poll for their liking.

Hard to win on here sometimes. :)

Haha there's no pleasing the masses! Fair call though id say there's quite a few who would feel the same way about Walcott, i have a feeling if he does start both games though he will do well just to spite me getting rid of him ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »
    REALLY hope Walcott does play.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Putting the faith back in RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Yeah if I had RVP, I'd definitely captain him this week. Can see him scoring a couple more but happy I got rid anyway. He looks like he needs a Summer on the beach to me.

Might go Santi this week. Dont see Theo starting both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Santi became a father a couple of days ago so that means he's going to score on Saturday :)

Nobody gave there opinion... What ye all think of gervinho???

He's rubbish mate. Wouldnt touch him with a bargepole.

Just thought this might interest some people around here before this gameweek kicks off ;)

56233910151533015119914.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Santi became a father a couple of days ago so that means he's going to score on Saturday :)

How else would he express joy at his child being born than scoring to reveal a customized t-shirt with a message to them.

Santi101 wrote: »
    He's rubbish mate. Wouldnt touch him with a bargepole.

Yes i know he has been rubbish up to now... but his one of the highest preforming midfielders the last three weeks with three assist and a goal....

Considering the majority of people will captain Cazorla this week i might change my choice to Fellaini! Not much love being given to him and he could run riot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Going with Fellaini. No point in going with the crowd at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

wenger has said walcott is available. tempted to throw the captaincy on him as a lot of people who had him sold him, i have cazorla too so and of course there's the RVP "gamble"....decisions decisions!!

It's a risk I think. Walcott is back in the squad, I don't think he will start.

I think our midfield and attack vs Norwich will be:

Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla......Gervinho, Giroud, one of Podolski/Chamberlain. Walcott coming on later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'd be shocked if Walcott started.

he's nearly always eased back in. he'll play the final 20 minutes against Norwich - max 30 minutes. this is mainly as Gervinho is actually playing well so there's no need to drop him.

he'll probably start the Everton game.

it's RVP or Cazorla for me. a very outside chance I'll go with Fellaini, i'm just unsure how far forward he'll play.

cheers guys, that narrows my decision down to Cazorla or RVP, because th enorwich game is the one you'd really want walcott starting, I'll still have him in my team anyway so won't be disappointed if he does get a 10+ points haul.

I know it seems like madness to pick a player with one game vs one with a DGW, but I really get the feeling the Suarez will score a couple vs Reading away. Terrible team they are. I wouldn't be confident about Caz or Fellaini outscoring him in 2 games tbh.

Mind you Suarez could do nothing but it kinda feels like Wigan away to me where he ran riot. Reading cannot defend.

• Advertisement

Suarez is a more than sensible captain choice if you have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

RVP, Walcott or Suarez?

RVP - out of form
    Walcott - may not start
    Suarez - no DGW

??

8-10 wrote: »
    RVP, Walcott or Suarez?

RVP - out of form
    Walcott - may not start
    Suarez - no DGW

??

i'd go with RVP from those 3,
    as you said walcott may not start, RVP isn't scoring but he's still playing well and only needs 1 goal to go in to find his form, was unlucky not to get a goal v sunderland and also v city, looked to be on its way in until jones headed it and even then was unlucky not to get the assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i'd go with RVP from those 3,
    as you said walcott may not start, RVP isn't scoring but he's still playing well and only needs 1 goal to go in to find his form, was unlucky not to get a goal v sunderland and also v city, looked to be on its way in until jones headed it and even then was unlucky not to get the assist.

Thanks. Will he be rested though? For at least one of the games?

8-10 wrote: »
    Thanks. Will he be rested though? For at least one of the games?

As a united fan i'd say not a chance, United got complacent last year and let city back into the title race, although it's a bigger gap Ferguson will be keen not to give city any chance and after their victory over us on monday the strongest team possible will be picked for the 2 matches of the dgw, united usually respond well to setbacks and will be going all out on sunday to quash any hopes city gained from monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

RVP's record against United's dgw opponents.

d38c2e7bae25b01f1d7cb04102893045.png

8 goals, 2 assists in 7 games.

3351ec4ee9f3945bf6948e76047515bd.png

6 goals, 2 assists in 10 games. 6 goals in his last 7 games against the Hammers.

• Advertisement

I dont think Van Persie is playing well at all, Ferguson seems to be beating that drum to keep his confidence up. Thought he was pretty average vs City, handled him comfortably enough.

Saying that, I'd definitely captain him this week if I had him.

Santi101 wrote: »
    I dont think Van Persie is playing well at all, Ferguson seems to be beating that drum to keep his confidence up. Thought he was pretty average vs City, handled him comfortably enough.

He played ok v City,the service to the strikers has been shocking from United lately.Both he & Rooney spent much of the match coming deep just to get involved in the game.

I'm tempted to go with him as he's overdue a goal and the team can't play as poorly as they have been over the past few weeks.Had it on Walcott provisionally but unsure of his fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

zerks wrote: »
    He played ok v City,the service to the strikers has been shocking from United lately.Both he & Rooney spent much of the match coming deep just to get involved in the game.

I'm tempted to go with him as he's overdue a goal and the team can't play as poorly as they have been over the past few weeks.Had it on Walcott provisionally but unsure of his fitness.

I have gervino ,got him in last week ,seems like a good differential ,on form and is cheap enough at 7 mill.Are people not even thinking about rooney or berbs?
    I have them both and think they could do some serious damage! Saying that temted to with felliani!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Going with Santi. It will inevitably turn out to be the wrong choice but taking the options at face value, he makes by far the most sense (at least with my squad of players)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im going to go rvp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I have it on Rooney and I think it'll stay that way, options are Santi, Berba and Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I have it on Santi at the moment, i also have Fellani, Walcott and RVP. I have had terrible choices of capt this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I have it on Santi at the moment, i also have Fellani, Walcott and RVP. I have had terrible choices of capt this season

I have it on Santi too, and also have the other players you have... Tough call

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Sorted had it on Santi. The above convinced me to go RVP :)

please RVP.

SlickRic wrote: »
    please RVP.

Went Cazorla - RVP then back again.The fact that Arsenal are at home swung it for me.

zerks wrote: »
    Went Cazorla - RVP then back again.The fact that Arsenal are at home swung it for me.

I just don't totally trust Cazorla and I think RVP is due.

such a close call though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Switched from cazorla to RVP at last minute .......

I was reading this thread & others also said RVP is due some goals,got burned before by basing my captains choice on that logic so went with the safe option.

Believe me when I say that I'd love RVP to score 2 hattricks this week but the way United have been playing lately I reckon they'll be 2 low scoring affairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement