Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber for BlackBerry with wifi calling

Options
  • 10-04-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭

A beta version of Viber for BlackBerry OS (5-7 only) has been released today which now includes free wifi/3G calling:

http://viber.com/products/blackberry/beta/
    What's new in this version?
    • Free calls on Wifi and 3G! (OS 5 + OS 7 only)
    • Performance improvements for OS 5
    • Sending stickers is now faster than ever
    • Bug fixes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hopefully the app for BlackBerry 10 is on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Did you get the Z10 gunner?

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Did you get the Z10 gunner?

I sure did. The OS and hardware are great but I do miss my 9900 keyboard!

Not going to change to the q10 when it comes out? I hope to get the z10 soon. I think I'll commit to the touch screen solely for the extra real estate. Got to test it in an O2 store there a while ago and the keyboard was easier then I expected to use although I will miss short cut keys on my 9900.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Not going to change to the q10 when it comes out? I hope to get the z10 soon. I think I'll commit to the touch screen solely for the extra real estate. Got to test it in an O2 store there a while ago and the keyboard was easier then I expected to use although I will miss short cut keys on my 9900.

The larger screen size is precisely the reason why I went with the Z10. The Q10 will offer great keyboard short cuts and a 'Type N Go' feature which makes it sound very tempting. I certainly won't rule it out.

I've always argued that having the Playbook compensated for the smaller screen on my 9900. Maybe when BlackBerry 10 rolls out for the Playbook I'll look at the Q10?

But the Z10 itself is great. The browser is particularly outstanding and beats hands-down any iOS or Android browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Hi lads, | upgraded to Nokia Lumia and love it but do have to say I miss my 9900 (keypad especially). I might change back when the Q10 comes out as I have a playbook too and dont know how to use it with Lumia

You can tether the lumia with the playbook over bluetooth but be careful in case your plan does not permit tethering.

The Q10 should be out here in Ireland by June I suspect as it's rumoured to launch in Canada and the US at the end of this month

Advertisement