Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evga Titan

Options
  • 10-04-2013 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Using two gtx480's up till now and one has just failed, so it's time to upgrade. Was considering just splashing out and buying one of these as it'll probably future proof for quite awhile.

Don't really play at very high settings but it would be nice to have something that would be capable of running it if I ever needed to.

Does anyone have one of these cards and if so what's your experience of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

What monitor(s) and resolution are you currently running at and what monitor upgrades in future have you in mind?

I've two of these Titan cards in my system. I had one initially but added a second soon after.
    The Titan only comes into its own when gaming at or above 1440p/60Hz or in multi-monitor setups. Anything below that, other far cheaper cards will match the performance.

If you dont use very high settings then a Titan might be a waste right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Running one screen at 1920x1080 but am thinking of adding a second screen. Would be using it mainly for flight simulation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Flight sims are pretty cpu intensive. What's the rest of your system like?

i7 2600k running at 3.4ghz and 16gb of corsair vengeance ram.

Should be fine then.

2 x 660ti's in sli would give you around the same performance for half the price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im sorry but how does this config not melt

GeForce-GTX-Titan_31.jpg

Seriously the fan on 2 of the Titans are blocked

still, took a look at this GTX Titan: very sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

The fan actually sucks air through an intake at the far end of the card and exhausts it out through a grill at the opposite end where the IO ports are so its ok to stack them together like in the photo above.

Thanks for advice guys, I'll think I'll go ahead an order one. Anyone recommend a good spot online for a good price? Amazon maybe or scan?

Amazon would probably be your best bet. Free delivery. No harm shopping round for the best deal though.

Advertisement