Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sennheiser RS 180 vs RS 170 Open Digital Wireless Headphone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

One is open which lets sound in and out and has a more airy feel.
    The other is closed which blocks sound in and out and usually are more bassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bo001

I can say, that the RS180 was superb in comparison with the 170, but had quite a lot of sound leakage and was less private when listening, as I could hear the people talking nearby, among themselves and I felt that it disturbed my listening.

When I put on the 170, it was totally different and was more what I wanted. Initially I felt the bass was flat but when I turned the bass boost on, the music was amazing and sounded quite good. This could be due to the souce as the showroom guy din't have an audio cd, but was playing a mp3 cd. And above all there was no disturbance and no sound leakage as it is closed type. The showroom guy said that you may feel a bit hot or sweat after prolong usage, but that's the story with closed types and one has to get used to that. It was quite comfortable and covered my whole ear.

Lastly, I tried on the big brother - the RS220 with a digital input and I was blown away. The sound was amazing and it was very very comfortable. I din't even feel as I was wearing a HP. But it is very pricey and way out of my budget. It was 24990 with old MRP and 29990 with new MRP, way to expensive.

Overall, my experience with the RS170 was good and I have finally decided to buy it. Once I have it I shall post a review with pictures.

read this post:
    http://www.headphonezone.org/sennheiser-rs-180-review/

Advertisement