Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amplitube

• 10-04-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭

I'm slowly getting my home recording set up completed. I was thinking of buying a small 10w tube combo for guitar as the half stack would have me evicted. I also bought a midi controller for drums etc. The midi c came with bundles of trial software and entry level software such as EZ drummer lite, Amplitube...
    I thought if the guitar modeling was anyway decent, maybe i'd give it a go..
    I was having an issue last night and google informed me that I should record a track using dry guitar...and then apply the chosen amp to the track.
    Whereas i imagined i could record and hear my guitar as i would through an amp. Is this true??

Or is just i'm on the free licensed version?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

use low latency monitoring or turn your interface latency down to about 64 samples and you can play and record thru amplitube with no problems. make sure that you have track monitoring switched on also.

amp sims have come a long way since amplitube free. forget using it and go to the IK multimedia website and download amplitube custom shop. it comes with a few free amps and cabs and you can buy different amps/cabs/peddles/fx (orange, fender, marshall etc) to add to it.

amplitube35customshop.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

use low latency monitoring or turn your interface latency down to about 64 samples and you can play and record thru amplitube with no problems. make sure that you have track monitoring switched on also.

amp sims have come a long way since amplitube free. forget using it and go to the IK multimedia website and download amplitube custom shop. it comes with a few free amps and cabs and you can buy different amps/cabs/peddles/fx (orange, fender, marshall etc) to add to it.

amplitube35customshop.jpg

cheers! It's the custom shop i downloaded i'm sure, it's a trial, 3 amps, 2 pedals and a few cabs, i'll upgrade when i get it working fully. I'll check the latency settings.

Advertisement