Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a receipt to return faulty goods?

Options
  • 10-04-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

I bought a DVD player from Electrocity 3 weeks ago , I used it twice and on the second time I just died , can't explain what happened , but I did change the fuze just to be sure , and it's totally dead.

I don't have the receipt anymore but I did pay with my VISA debit for the DVD player so there will be a record of purchase with my bank.

So if I return it will I need a receipt? and if there is 'complications' will my bank statement showing payment do as proof of purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Electrocity usually take your name and address at the time of purchase. I got a TV fixed a few weeks ago that was 6 months old and I had no receipt. They had all the details on the computer. They even gave me a copy of the receipt. I found them spot on to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

godwin wrote: »
    I bought a DVD player from Electrocity 3 weeks ago , I used it twice and on the second time I just died , can't explain what happened , but I did change the fuze just to be sure , and it's totally dead.

I don't have the receipt any more but I did pay with my VISA debit for the DVD player so there will be a record of purchase with my bank.

So if I return it will I need a receipt? and if there is 'complications' will my bank statement showing payment do as proof of purchase?

Not proof but its indicative. They might ask to see the statement and its best to bring it along anyway in case they've changed prices recently.

For all they know you could have bought the DVD player elsewhere and are returning to them because its handier or more expensive to do so. Not saying that you did but its always best to bring proof.

Advertisement