Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Help

• 10-04-2013 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a patio laid last year and the guy who did it, used a type of sand, that goes hard after a while, almost list cement.

I need to top it up a little as one of the stones was loose and he repaired it.

However, I wasn't there and it needs tidying up

Does anyone know what its called or where I could get it in small amounts?

Also, does it keep after its opened?

Cheers,
    K

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

kaisersoze wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got a patio laid last year and the guy who did it, used a type of sand, that goes hard after a while, almost list cement.

I need to top it up a little as one of the stones was loose and he repaired it.

However, I wasn't there and it needs tidying up

Does anyone know what its called or where I could get it in small amounts?

Also, does it keep after its opened?

Cheers,
    K

A dry sand/cement mix brushed into the gaps will then set via capillary action/suction

Wet the gap a little 1st,and then brush in the dry sand/cement mix.

It will draw the mositure up from the wet ground below.

You can also buy small tubs of coloured paving sand/cement mix in any good garden centre,patio centre or builders providers or Kilsaran.These are specuially made for jointing in between slabs.

Again,just brush it an and let it set itself via moisture.

Simples.:)

Permajoint from Kilsaran is very good.

Its non cement based and you just brush it into the gaps and thats about it really.

http://www.kilsaran.ie/home/products/stonescape-home/permajoint-200/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Thanks Paddy, I think that's the stuff alright.

Cheers,
    K

paddy147 wrote: »
    Permajoint from Kilsaran is very good.

Its non cement based and you just brush it into the gaps and thats about it really.

http://www.kilsaran.ie/home/products/stonescape-home/permajoint-200/

kaisersoze wrote: »
    Thanks Paddy, I think that's the stuff alright.

Cheers,
    K

No problem.

You should get that in a builders providers or in Kilsaran HQ in Clonee.....they also have lovely display gardens out there and you can get a free cuppa tea and go for a walk around to view the gardens.:)

Also,if you are anyway near the area,theres a patio/paving/walling centre up behind Balgriffin Cemetary where the GAA club is.

They stock a very similar jointing product aswell.

Advertisement